1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My House Got Robbed Today

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Point well said...

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just to follow up I went down to the police precinct today and spoke with the investigating officer. Unfotunately the TV they have isn't mine and since they arrested the suspect at a pawn shop and not at my house they can't tie him directly to my robbery. That said the police still believe the TV that they confiscated from the suspect was stolen and it is coincidental that they caught someone matching the description of the burglar from my house with a TV. I gave them the serial number for my TV which will be a flagged if it is pawned.

As far as those doubting my story while I'm dissapointed I guess it shouldn't be unexpected. We don't know that much about most of us and several have been known to lie and exagerate on this site. I've also noted a tendency that those who might consider or engage in a particular behavior will often suspect the same about others.

To allay any suspicions though regarding my veracity here is a copy of the first page of the police report.

[​IMG]

3. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

um... i dont know that its worth posting your home addy on the web like that ....

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I second this guy’s opinion….

Most of us believe you based on your track record.....

Bigtexxx's opinion doesn't count :D

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Now Jackie has your address... you're doomed !!! :eek: ;)

Trim Bush.

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Good point and thanks for the heads up. Have edited the report to remove that info.

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Too late...I'm coming to get you with my new 6.8 barrett. ;)

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nice i see where how you like to address the situation. I see you let your latte sipping, home& garden reading, tree hugging, save the world attitude get the best of you ;)

Did you actually post your address after informing everyone of what things you have in your house... :confused:..

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Go ahead.. make my day... ;)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7m9pjJ6A9UM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7m9pjJ6A9UM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

10. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about the break in.

Will you be replacing the TV? Any other business trips planned ? ;)

I'd been wondering where that Sishir guy disappeared to. Just figured out it's you. Hope I'm not blowing your cover.

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Don't know yet. I've already filed an insurance claim and will see what I can get.

Were you planning on paying a visit to my house? ;) Just to let you know I'm picking up a doberman..

That's OK. I posted a thread in hangout a while back explaining why I was changing my handle.

12. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

I apologize for doubting your claim. Sometimes texx brings out the worst in people.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Thanks. I appreciate that and as I said this shouldn't be unexpected there would be some skepticism given the ironic timing and the Macbeths out there.