1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My House Got Robbed Today

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 7, 2007.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You know what? If everyone just left a big sack of cash outside their front door, burglars would not be breaking into people's houses. There would be less danger to the residents and less danger to the burglars. Why don't you get the ball rolling on that and start leaving a big bag of cash outside your front door. Maybe everyone will start following your example and we can eliminate violent crime in America.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thats great that you dont mind being a victim and can sleep well at night knowing this guy is watching your TV and will never get caught. Not to mention all the other people who he will rob.

bad people deserve to have bad things happen to them.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

We should ban locks so they no longer carry prybars. First time a criminal hears about locks he gonna bring a prybar next time and then guess what!

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

pretty good now - after getting robbed i went out and got a labrador retriever and a shotgun. nobody will ever sneak up on me again.

5. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Do you live in a safe neighborhood? What is the crime rate as far as the burglary goes? Has there been a trend or a pattern of burglaries in your area recently?

If I hang out with lots of people and some of them are unsavory characters, I wouldn't exclude the possibility that this was done by somebody who knows me and is aware of my absence due to business trip.

Anyway, sorry for your possession losses. If you have home owner insurance, you may be able to recover some of losses.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I posted a thread in hangout a few months ago why I changed my name. I was having a problem with Google searches of me having clutchfans threads show up.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually according to the police it sounds like they might've caught the guy. When I get back in town I have to go and identify the stuff they caugh him with to see if it is mine. The mistake you are making though is that its either kill him or let crime go unpunished but my neighbor did exactly the right thing. She called 911 and gave a description to the police that they could rapidly use to arrest the suspect.

Bad people do but there is also such a thing as proportionality. Anyway most of my concern regarding the Texas law has to do with potential bystanders or good samaritans being hurt. The first principle of Self-Defense is to not put yourself into a sitution where harm could occur. I don't want my neighbor to possibly get hurt or worse confronting the burglar if they are armed.

Sorry for the combined post but I'm still on a work trip and have to go and prepare for some meetings so to answer some of the post in the threads.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This guy should get LIFE for that. No man should be robbing another man's HDTV. That's wrong!

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You should bake your neighbor who called it in a pie and thank them for not killing anyone on your front lawn. Finally, a neighbor who does the right thing and doesn't pretend their Arnold Schwarzenneger in "Commando" just because they have a gun.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is this you just being a jackass to maintain some stupid persona you've got going on here? If so, well done, sir.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Pretty da** convenient story by Sis after he was quite vocal about the Joe Horn stuff. Some of you people are gullible dullards.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

this proves that bigtexxx is a loser,
    NO MAN LIES ABOUT HIS HDTV BEING STOLEN!

13. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

congrats. you are part of the lucky 8% where people actually get their stuff back and the guy gets caught. The mistake you are making is assuming that I am saying either kill him or let him go.

Actually, seems like your making the mistake that interference means to kill the person

i agree...but you also don't know all the bad things that the guy has done. I have no sympathy for scumbags who break into people's houses and rob

14. leroy

But who are you (or Joe Horn) to be the police, judge, jury, and executioner? Like you said, you don't what what else this guy has done. As far as you know, it could be the first time. Is that worth killing someone?

15. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

who said im executioner? or the police or even the jury?

sorry, but seeing someone steal something that clearly isnt theres, and taking steps to stop/prevent/or get them caught does not make someone a judge, jury and executioner...it makes you a good citizen who doesnt stand there and try to pass the responsibilty by the claim "its not my job".

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

direct contradiction

17. leroy

I never said to do nothing. What SC's neighbor did is exactly what you should do.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

and rob HDTVs.

The dude should get one of those 35inch CRTs dropped on his head.

19. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I find it funny that when we have threads about the Death Penalty, it's usually around a 60-40 split (my estimate) opposed to the Death Penalty while this forum is so heavily skewed towards those in favor of Mr. Horn's actions.

Are everyday home burglars worse than murderers to some of you? :confused:

20. bucket

bucket Member

Some of you guys are obviously missing the point. Anyone who does anything wrong deserves anything bad that can happen to them.

If you don't want ---- to happen to you, don't do -----.

Ex) "I have no sympathy for that guy who was mangled by a deranged neighbor with a lawnmower. It was his own fault. The homeowner's association is clear that the grass can be no more than 4" tall. He wouldn't have been killed if he just would have mowed his lawn."