1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My House For Sale

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, May 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

we closed in 65 days on Heights Blvd btwn 9th and 10th!!! i'm so happy and relieved now!

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Congrats!

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Had my 13th showing in 13 days today. Talked to my realtor and he's really happy because he hasn't even done anything extensive - flyers, ads, etc - yet. Hasn't needed to. If we don't get a bid by next Monday or Tuesday, he's going to take out an ad and do an open house though. Keep the good vibes going.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Why the hell are closing times so freaking long!? :mad: :(

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

It depends. When most people say time to close if they are selling, they generally mean from the time they list or from the time of the exclusive inspection period to close. Ninety days from listing to closing really isn't that long.

When a person puts a bid on a house, they have 30 days to do an inspection and walk away. After that point, they have to accept and then get to closing. There are all sorts of things that happen in the closing process that have to be handled and cleared up. Sometimes, it's quick. Sometimes, not so much.

When I re-financed my house, it took a couple months just to get everything in order, get rates correct, etc. It's a pain.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah, I was just asking because it seems like it has taken forever since we made an offer on our house and it was accepted. The loan officer and Realtor both said next Friday looks good if not sooner but damn has it been a while. I'm ready to do the yard work, paint, and move in already. Maybe I am a little antsy since it's my first time. :)

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Got another showing today, which is great. Been cleaning the garage apartment and taking stuff to Salvation Army. Shockingly close to being done cleaning up in there too. Whew.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Are you still living there?

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Yup. Can't afford rent and a mortgage. :)

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

My realtor emailed me this morning to say we got an offer last night and he's coming over at 1pm today to present it. Freaks me out that he hasn't given me a number, but we haven't spoken - he's out doing showings.

Glad I got an offer though!

:eek:

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

great news!

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

They lowballed me, which is fine. We've had a lot of showings and they said they completely expect a counter offer, which we made. We'll see how it goes.

I know the couple that is interested and I KNOW they really want the place. I think they were just trying to see how far they could drive me down with the first offer and the answer to that is "not much." :)

I'm sure I'll see their counter by Monday. They have a VERY short turnaround time (10 day inspection period, closing by July 16), so they want to move soon.

Fingers crossed.

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

UPDATE:

My lowballer and I went back and forth for about 3 weeks finally settling on a price. I ended up having 25 showings in the first month on the market, which was great, but the bid was better. It was just slightly below what I ultimately wanted for the house (about $1500), but close enough.

Inspection was Monday. They found everything I expected and our deal was a take it or leave it type thing. They came back yesterday and requested that I make three repairs or give them $7500 off the price. The three repairs will cost me around $1000, so I'm going to have them done.

Signed the amendment today and sent it to their realtor. Everything is done and closing is August 5! Woo hoo!

Oh, got the report from the title company and there shouldn't be any weirdness. No liens on the house and their pre-approval is good to go, so unless we close sooner, August 5 is it.

I'm off looking for places to live now so I don't end up homeless. If that happened, Trader_Jorge would probably run me over in his Hummer and we can't have that. :D

14. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Congrats man. It sold real quick for this market. It's obvious you priced it right.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Way to go, Jeff. That's got to feel good.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Outstanding! To get that close to your asking price in this market is pretty darned good, Jeff. All the work you did on the place paid off, as did the location. Very nice. :cool:

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

If you don't mind and it's not too much to ask, how much LESS did they lowball you for? :( I am thinking they thought they could go really low... but you did a Mutombo finger-wag on them? :D

18. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I had the house priced at $239k. They offered $200k.

After several weeks, we ended up at $223,500, which is the sale price.

The couple who bought it is in their late 50's and they seem really nice. I think they'll be great for the house and vice versa.

I was out looking at duplexes today. Hopefully, I'll do some walk through's of the one's I found tomorrow.

19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

U-S-A! U-S-A!

20. Fatty FatBastard

Not sure if you're up for complexes, but there are some great deals out there. I sold my condo last month and found a mid-rise and Memorial for about $1,100/mo.