1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My House For Sale

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, May 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Fatty FatBastard

Wow. You lived there for 14 years? I bet you're making a killing on this now.

Do you mind telling us what you originally paid?

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I paid $90k in 1996, but I refinanced after the divorce for more than that. I'm not making a "killing," but this will allow me to pay off all my debts, which is great.

3. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

This is the exact same reason I sold my house. Have been renting now for the past 2 years and I can't tell you how much less stress I have. I doubt I'll ever buy again.

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Bingo. It was one thing with two people - dual incomes, two people sharing the responsibility of maintenance, etc. But, by myself, I'd prefer less stress.

5. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

What a cute house! I love the windows in the den. At that price, it is definitely a steal.

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Thanks!

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The back yard is awesome with the location it is a good deal -- no doubt.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Jeff, what are you going to do with all your cats? I'm sure some or all are still not living. I've lost my three since I met you but have three new ones now... plus a dog!

9. SlvrBtl

SlvrBtl Member

My parents are thinking of moving to Houston from Cali, they're thinking of looking into the Pearland area, but I'm trying to sway them in an area closer to downtown. They are going to be here this week, when I see them I will send them the link to your place, hopefully they will like it.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I will only have three with me when I move. There are six at the moment, but three of them have homes already. In fact, two of them will probably be moving on by next week.

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

The back yard is fantastic. I'll miss it for sure. It's really quiet too.

The deck needs some repair - termites got to it, so one of the beams needs replacing - and it could sure use a power washing, but the yard is freaking awesome. I also really love my front porch and yard. The yard, in general, is something I'll definitely miss. Plus, every other year (not sure why it works this way), you get enough pecans from the trees to open a booth at the farmer's market. :)

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Thanks! If they are interested, just have them call my real estate agent. He's a good guy.

Which reminds me, my agent also happens to be a friend of mine - known him for years. At first, I was a little concerned about that part, but he's been awesome. It helps that he's one of the top sellers in the Heights too.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I bet that enclosed gazebo is nice around mid-summer when you want to sit outside and not be carried away by rabid mosquitoes.

That neighborhood reminds me of Hyde Park in Austin.

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

It's actually perfect for that. It has a ceiling fan in it, a sink with running water and electricity. It also makes for a good place to use a smoker and/or grill.

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Looks like a badass house in a great central location. It still baffles me how cheap real estate is in Houston. That house is $600k in the Bay Area.

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Thanks. Yeah, living in Houston is cheaper than pretty much any other major city in the country.

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

How much indie emo poon will that house pull? In dollar amounts please.

18. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

More than the cost of a Bright Eyes download on iTunes but less than the cost of a popular Suicide Girl.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

San jose is crazy. I guess that is why people live in fremont. Even houston real estate is shooting up. 260 for that house seems like a lot compared to living in sugarland, pearland, etc., but it is all about location.

20. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

nice place! good luck! i'm closing on my townhouse (as seller) this friday!!! it's the greenwood king home on Heights Blvd on the east side near Waldo's. can't wait!!

we are enjoying our house now just a few blocks east of Heights Blvd. and yes.....that price is right in line if not a little low for the area. but you priced it to sell, just like we did our townhouse and it was listed at $223K for a 1985 1500+ sq ft 2/1 with patio.