1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My friend is dating this HOT girl he met on Match.com and this ain't a freaking ad!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LeGrouper, Dec 3, 2002.

1. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

My friend kept telling me he was meeting hot girls on Match.com but I thought he was BSing because he is a BSer. Then I finally meet this one chick and she was freaking hot! I assumed that it would be filled with losers and divorcees but this girl is 20 and cute as hell. She has no children and isn't divorced and goes to U of H. The funny thing is my friend is pretty much a freaking loser and this girl has been going out with him for 2 months. He might have even hit that tang. That is messed up. She must be an axe murderer. Or perhaps Armeggedon is coming.

He told me that it cost like a hundred dollars a year to join match.com. Good lordy. At least it should make the girls kind of easy because they will want to get their money's worth.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Haha, there was a discussion on this a few months back (June I believe). Alot of people agreed that it does work and its worth the membership. I myself is on it, but hasnt become deperate enough to pay for a membership. I guess its worth a shot if you have the money.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

She's a man.

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I thought you said she wsn't a loser? ;) :D

5. haven

haven Member

gr8-1:

Don't be mean. She's not necessarily a loser. She's just still in high school :D.

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

Dont laugh at me guys, but I met my wife on match.com about 3 1/2 years ago. It works. It just takes a while. :D

7. haven

haven Member

codell:

Why would we? I don't think on-line dating services are all that different from a singles group at a church. Just people wanting to find somebody else... and as for being worried about "psychos..." it's not like you have to go home with them on the first date. You can get to know them just as easily as anyone else.

There's too much suspicion about those services... pretty efficient if you ask me. I know some of my buddies who have graduated and are now working have trouble meeting people. They're in new cities that they're not familiar with, don't belogn to any groups, and don't have much free time. Stuff like match.com make perfect sense for them imo...

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

And what job does your UT education have you doing? Haven't you been looking for a job for about 7 years? :D

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

Quite a few of my friends and family kid me about meeting my wife online. I just assume the worst. :D

The good thing I found about match.com and some of the other sites is, there is no pressure to meet someone till you are ready. I talked to my wife for a good 3 months before we decided to hook up. I only dated 2 other people on there and actually had good luck with them (they are both still friends of mine).

Overall, I feel its a nice, safe environment to browse people and get to know them.

10. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

I know... that one threw me too.

He only wished she were an axe murderer, but its worse.. she attends UH.... He will be supporting her if this goes much further unless she decides to really further her education and go to a better scholl... umm say... like..... HCC.

11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

BUURRRNNNN!

:D

12. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Ive looked on there out of curiosity, but didnt really see anyone that was my type.

Too picky I guess.... :D

13. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Plenty of gals in Houston, just you wait.

14. gr8-1

Like Eddie from National Lampoons, I'm holding out for a mangerial position.

For your sake, you better hope I'm not the head of social security some day. You'd hate life.

15. Drewdog

I hope you are right!! Im having some doubts.....

16. cuttino

cuttino Contributing Member

Scholl? :rolleyes:

17. Drewdog

What's your degree in?

18. gr8-1

Advertising.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm on there. It's been good to me so far.

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Dang man you just set yourself up. Nice find Cuttino.

You sure you aren't ACC or St. Ed's? :D