1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My contribution to the Super Bowl frenzy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Toast, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Toast

Toast Member

So, as you may or may not know, I live in Houston, and I work right next to the Galleria -- shopping mecca and favorite place for some of the celebrities who have come to town for the 'bowl. Yesterday, co-workers of mine spotted J-Lo and Cameron Diaz there, so we decided to head over for lunch today. Here's my brush with celebrity story.

We were waiting outside near the vallet parking area 'cause it's raining. Jerry Rice showed up with someone else who was apparently famous 'cause people were taking pictures with him, but I didn't recognize who it was. Anyway, I didn't have anything to have signed and I don't have a camera, so I stood around to shake Jerry's hand. The dude next to me got a 49ers cap signed by Jerry. He tells me, "Well I'm staying in the room next to Steve Young, so I wanted him to sign it, but this is Jerry Rice." Suddenly I realize I'm standing next to Priest Holmes. So I chatted him up a bit. Real nice, down-to-earth guy. I almost feel bad that I call him Fluke Holmes in my college buddies fantasy football league.

My best moments, though, were when I started doing a thing my friends and I call "droppin an eve." At one point I call out, "Man, I shoulda got Tom Brady's autograph back in Abercrombe." I'd say about 6 people rushed over there shortly afterwards. Another good one I pulled was, "Dude, did you see Tony Hawk eat it on the ice skating rink?" But my BEST was when I said (rather loudly), "Oh my god. I can't believe Paris Hilton was shopping at the DOLLAR STORE." I got a good rise out of the crowd with that one.

Thought I'd give you my insider's view of the Super Frenzy. I plan to go back tomorrow during lunch to, and see if I can cause more ruccus, or at least say high to our nation's most famous.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Oh my gawd, why was Michael Jackson following that kid to the bathroom at Toys R' Us?!?!

3. Toast

Toast Member

That's a good one.

I think tomorrow I'll take a camera with me and chase down unsuspecting shoppers, get my picture taken with them and see if other people follow my lead. That would be pretty funny.