1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Cat Has Cancer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by giddyup, Jun 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

That will make Manny happy. We'll do the same for Zeke (his brother) and Callie (housemate).... :)

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I'm so sorry to hear that. One of our cats died of Pancreatic cancer two years ago. It was probably the saddest thing I've ever been through. It will be difficult to get over losing him, but the reassuring thing is that he's alright now. Damn, now I'm tearing up over here. Your family is in my prayers.

Do you have any pictures of Manny?

+

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

That's the first thing I thought of. Gonna have to make a trip to teh store for my kitty Andre tonight.

4. Isabel

Isabel Member

5. PhiSlammaJamma

6. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I am so sorry about your cat. But at least he isn't suffering anymore. I hope that you and your family are holding up ok.

+

7. giddyup

People are funny. My wife didn't want to take Manny in this morning; I felt okay with it. However, I didn't want to put him in the carrier; she felt okay with that.

I thought I was nonchalant about it all. While I didn't opt to go into the room when they put him down, I did stay around until the deed was done and asked them to return his collar to me.

When they came back just a few minutes later to tell me that he was gone, instantly my eyes started welling with tears and I got this huge lump in my throat. I quietly sobbed to the car.

He was a great cat-- very friendly with people. If you came to visit, he would end up on your lap wanting you to rub his ears...

RIP, Manny!

Tuna tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

8. giddyup

Didn't know you liked Miller that much!

9. Christopher

Christopher Member

When I was only about 4 or 5 we had a family Cat die.

We burried it in the backward and made a "headstone" out of wood. My dad used a soldering iron to burn some "Megsie" into the headstone and a few other things I cant even remember.

We've had alot of our pet mice die. My sister brought Mice....and I ended up having to look after every singe one of them (And their babies!).

When they die....Im a mess. I bury the mice too.....they end up being part of the family.

+

10. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about your cat Giddy. When they had to put down my childhood Jinx when I was about 12, I cried like a woman. The Slammer may be a tough guy, but even tough guys shed a tear. I still think about that time and I get weepy....But I'm now on Jinx IV and everything is all right (I always name my black and white cat, if I have one, Jinx). Just cherish the memories and try to think back on the positives. Get a new kitten and start anew. I've got two of the little bastards and I've bonded with them already. Even though we got them for our children, they seem to like me best....

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Cats are cool like that.

When I was a kid, we had a family cat. Everyone in the house loved the cat except my step-Dad who just put up with her. Well, who do you think the cat liked the best? Any time we were all in the living room, the cat would walk right by anyone trying to get her attention and jump right on my step-Dad's lap. :D

12. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Sad thing is, that's who he is named after. :p

13. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Right here .......,,,^..^,,,....... <----cat looking over fence. Yep, I'm a cat person! I lost a cat at 12 (car ran over it).

Get a new kitten. Nothing helps kids better. Although, it wont make
    them forget Manny. But no one can resist the playfulness of a new kitten.

The kitten kinda cheers everyone up with its *clueless* playfulness. When I say, "clueless," what I mean is that the kitten doesn't really know that everyone was/is sad...and that "cute clueless" kitten makes everyone smile.

In fact, I see that smile on your face right now! [​IMG]

#33 DavidS, Jun 18, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  14. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

I'm sorry to hear that, man. I hope you and your family enjoy the time you have left with your kitty.

15. giddyup

My 4 YO daughter has already announced that she wants a new kitten. She wants to name it "Log Picnic."

We have two other 12+ YO cats in the house; I think I'll wait until they are gone and just start over with a pair of kittens. Having kittens around the house is such a hoot.