1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Breakdown of McGrady Trade Possibilities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emjohn, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Only way this is happening is a 3 team trade thats way too complicated for us too figure .. most important thing:
    Not give up our 1st round pick
    Not give up any assests (Ofcourse : Dorsey .. Cook .. Taylor not included)
    take 1 year contracts

I see it happening very very very soon .. DM is not Walsh and Tracy isn't Marbuary ..

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Unlike the situation with Orlando, this time T-Mac has no leverage at all. The only thing he can hope for is to go to a team that will play him significant minutes so he can maybe get a contract he likes after the season.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Disclaimer: Read only if you are in support of trading for Kevin Martin

Bulls Trade:

Brad Miller to the Houston Rockets
    Kirk Hinrich to the Sacramento Kings

Rockets Trade:

Tracy Mcgrady to the Chicago Bulls

Sacramento Trade:

Kevin Martin to the Houston Rockets

Why Chicago would do this:

1. They move Hinrich's contract. I know there are people in Chicago that will say that the Bulls don't want to move Hinrich because they can still see him playing alongside Rose but this should be a no brainer move. They relieve themselves from the 17 Million left on Hinrich's contract.

2. Apparently the Bulls are "interested" in McGrady. At what capacity, I do not know but if they are interested and McGrady's been working out with Grover in Chicago, that has got to be at least a starting point.

Why Houston would do this:

1. Since Kevin Martin's a player people on here would like having, he would be the centerpiece of this deal. I honestly don't want him since he's brittle and offer nothing on the defensive end but I will also have to admit he's a scoring machine.

2. Brad Miller will be the hired center for the rest of the season. He may not be a significant upgrade but he does have the size we definitely need. Plus, his 12 million comes off the books after this season

Why Sacramento would do this:

1. Hinrich's contract isn't an expiring one but the kicker here is that it's 1 year shorter than Martin's and it's also front loaded. Meaning that he's owed 9 million next year and 8 the year after that. That can afford financial relief for the Kings if/when they need to re-sign their players.

2. Getting a point guard can/will allow Evans to move to the position he was destined to play and that's the shooting guard position. Some say he's a bit short at 6'5 but the dude can score on anyone at anytime.

1 person likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, let's see CP3 rack up those assist numbers passing to Battier, Ariza and Chuck...lol....

DD

5. steddinotayto

The players he's passed to during his years in New Orleans aren't exactly stellar either, DD. Jannero Pargo, James Posey, Devin Brown, Rasual Butler?

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Considering that I can only think of ONE team to win it all without a suoerstar since I have been out of the womb (04 Pistons), I will go on record that a superstar is needed to win a NBA title. You usually don't win a ring without a top 10 player, and even though our team plays hard, they haven't shown me anything to make me think they can buck the trend. I don't expect Morey to nab a superstar for T-Mac and I'm hoping that Yao can come back and be that guy, but if you have the chance to nab a star (like CP3, which I don't think we can do)....you do it. No offense, but folks are nuts if they think Paul can't have success in our system, or that it's nto worth giving up Brooks to get him. This guy almost won the MVP a few seasons ago. A young CP3 would be Adelman's wet dream.

Lastly, folks need to stop thinking the way we currently play is our long-term solution. We will be dropping the games best low post player on the curt next season.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's what you get in a playmaker like him, he makes everyone around him better.

He's not only a scorer/passer, he dictates the tempo of the entire game and can see the whole floor, that's vision for you.

Its what he does! :grin:

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Ariza, Landry, Chase, Scola and Taylor are all good finishers (I figure at least 2 of them would still be on the roster). And again, you seem to only be thinking of this season. If I am getting Yao back, I may actually want a great passing PG to play alongside him.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'd probably do

Redd + Gadzuric + 2010 #1 pick

for

McGrady + Dorsey + Cook

This gives us bodies in two of our weakest depth positions, a great draft selection and basically allows us huge expirings in 2011 to trade or start over if Yao breaks down. It might even get us below the tax line for this year.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Don't put me in the camp that doesn't want CP3. I would do just about anything to acquire him. I just don't think NO is giving him up nor do I think a Wade, Lebron or Bosh are coming here.

This team can win with Yao back and an upgrade at SG.

11. raj87

raj87 Member

Comical that you mention the three worst offensive players. How about Chase Budinger, Carl Landry, Yao Ming, DAvid Andersen, Luis Scola, etc.

12. ahorton

ahorton New Member

Ok how bout this one. T-mac for Caron Butler and Mike Miller. Butler is a low risk and plays hard. Plus he knows how to step his game up when the main star gets injured. We put him at the two (for u battier haters). This will also help out our bench
    Landry
    Anderson
    budinger/miller
    lowry
    battier
    This is also can help the already injury prone Budinger and more scoring off the bench. I already checked it out on realgm.com trade checker the id# is 5352716 if yall want to check it out.

13. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

If you have a realistic shot at CP3 you take it. I don't think we do, but if we did, it would be foolish to pass up just because Brooks is solid. For what he is paid, Brooks is a steal, but he is still much more inconsistent. CP3 is best in the league good. He would be an upgraded version of in his prime Bibby in the old Sacramento offensive scheme.

I also agree that Tmac's camp has zero say on where he is going to be going. Players that can sabotage trades are super stars who are being aquired for their on the court performance, while Tmac is just another expiring contract. And even if he goes to the worst team out there, that could be good for him as it will give him a better chance to get his stats, rather than try to fit in with an established team like he was asked to do here.

There is a very good chance that Tmac won't be traded til near the trade dead line in February, and if there are no acceptable trades out there he will sit out the rest of the year for us.

14. choujie

choujie Member

For real, Hornets doesn't really have better shooter than Rockets. With CP3, Ariza and Hayes would have a lot more layups , Battier would have a lot open looks at his comfort spots.

BTW, Battier is starting to shoot quite well recently. His FG% and 3pt% is quietly caught up with AB, the best shooter on Rockets you maybe considered as.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

So Kings get Hinrich for Martin?? Yea right!! That's a rip off trip right there!

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Did you really say "I don't want Chris Paul....." ?

Then you followed it up with a "I think Aaron Brooks fits this style better than Paul......"

then the Coup de Grâce of " honestly Brooks outplays him...."?

Are you serious? Are you actively trying to lose all credibility?
    The whole VSpan thing didn't do it for you so now you're going to leave no doubt?

Do you really believe that there is a single GM, past, present or future, that would prefer Brooks over Paul? I seriously doubt that even Aaron Brooks would believe that he's a better fit than Paul or that he "outplays him".

Michael Redd over Chris Paul? For real?

I can picture it now, NO finally decides that they have no choice but to trade Paul in order to save the franchise. Morey responds "Nope. Sorry, we already have Aaron Brooks".

I'll give you a hint. Chris Paul is a top 10 player in the NBA. If you have a chance to acquire a top 10 player then you do it. Morey isn't a dummy. If he ever gets a shot at CP3, then it's a done deal.

17. larsv8

His point is perfectly valid. The Hornets have a top ten player, but they are a terrible team. Whats the point of having a great player if it doesnt lead to team success.

Everything for Paul
    Something for Bosh
    Nothing for Redd

Which do you choose?

18. steddinotayto

There's a reason why you can get Redd for "nothing".

1. Had a torn MCL and ACL
    2. No defense
    3. Massive contract (18 million next season)

19. larsv8

Im familiar with all that. The point was, each scenario has to be looked at objectively and you cant just say CP no matter what.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No of course, that is why Lowry's stats are inflated.....

Again, I am not saying CP3 is not great......he is......

I am just saying PG is not as important a position to upgrade IMHO...

Again, if it is just Tmac and Brooks then of course you do it.

DD