1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Breakdown of McGrady Trade Possibilities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emjohn, Dec 30, 2009.

1. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Even if Yao comes back and we go back to our half court style?

remember last year.. getting the ball to Yao was a HUGE problem..

but yes.. you are right.. two-guards shld be our target.

but I would blindly take CP3 if the offer comes.. no matter who goes out..

2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I think Rockets would like to make a play at a marquee FA this summer rather than next...

Redd hasnt been the same player since he injured his knee last year

3. Christopher

Christopher Member

In Brooks I see a guy who every team hates to play. A complete pain in the ar$e who just doesn't stop running, who's too fast.....

You keep those guys! :grin:

4. thething

thething Contributing Member

I think I would rather have Stephen Curry over Randolph. We do not need another point guard, though. Somehow Adelman could make that work.

Like everyone has said, right now the Sacramento and GS deals look the best. I'd take either if they are available. Otherwise I think we are better off letting him expire and maybe trading someone else(Battier?) to get us enough under the cap to sign a max free agent.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If no trade comes up that is worth doing, then I would dump Harris (sorry Mike) and re-sign Von, and go to war with that team.

DD

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

In terms of good deals, I think NO is the best shot. They are in deep financial doodoo and are best poised for us to steal from.

In terms of reality, I think a somewhat-ok package from Chicago is likely.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Redd to me seems like a guy who has worn out his welcome and didn't fit their system thus is unhappy. I think with a change of scenery he would play infinitly better. The Rockets are NOT going to get a marquee free agent this summer and they know that. Going after a big name in the offseason would mean gutting the core of the team which would leave them back at square one, two stars(Thats if Yao returns at near 100%) with a sub par supporting cast. I say go for the right move now, get short term deals (1-2 yrs) and if they want to play with FAs then do it in 2011 and/or have tons of expiring deals next season to play with.

8. mi0304

mi0304 Member

Explosive. All-star talent.
    but injury prone. Doesn't play any D, team goes better without the one.

What difference makes you guys accept Kevin Martin while bashing Tmac?

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

One can't go to war if one can't pass a physical

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Curry is about the only untouchable on that team. Think about it GSW wouldn't even take Stoudamire after Curry fell to them.

Why would they want Tracy over Amar'e? :confused:

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'd jump all over this but for Maggette and Biedrins. Randolph, I'm not sold on at all but would take him at that price.

Maggette and Biedrins solve both of our biggest needs immediately. Randolph would have to outplay Scolandry for time and I wouldn't count on that.

12. towW

towW Member

They play Maggette good minutes I still don't see him as a poison pill for them.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Youth, efficiency, ability and willingness to move without the ball, doesn't think he knows more than the coach etc.

Are you serious?

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...you guys seriously underestimate the way Paul controls a game. I love AB and he is serviceable for sure but Paul is the type of guy who gets everyone easier shots and considering we have so many smart/efficient players, I think we would see production increase even more with Paul getting them good shots. That's no knock on Brooks, just recognizing that his team is only competitive because of him. If Brooks and Paul magically traded places, the Hornets would be a perennial lottery team. Moot point though - we aren't getting Paul.

15. DaDakota

They would like to get rid of the long term contracts and start over.

Both Ellis, Biedrans and Maggette are highly paid......and with multiple years left....

DD

16. DaDakota

I disagree, Paul is not going to make that much difference when he is passing to Shane, Trevor and Hayes.

Our problem right now is not Brooks, honestly, he is playing 2 on 5, and succeeding.....our problem is in the redundancy at the wing position, and a lack of scoring and depth at the center spot.

DD

17. tested911

tested911 Member

The real big trade I want is with Chicago

T-mac

for

Joakim Noah ( Athletic Young Center which is our biggest need )
    Kirk Hinrich (Just rotting on there bench )
    John Salmons (Great off the bench player )

DM do it.. It the Joakim Noah part that will be a problem.

Throw in a 1st rounder and a future 2nd and I think we have a chance..

18. choujie

choujie Member

Very funny. I don't thinkg 27/4/1 is outplaying 16/11/10.

AB happened to have a hot hand last night, but you quickly forgot the previous days when AB couldn't make many shots. And we are lucky to have Lowry yesterday to change the momentum, otherwise it's very hard to say who would have won the game.

CP3's current team plays a different style with different role players. It's not that CP3 can't play RA's style. In fact, he can play RA's style way better than AB. Tell me one thing AB can do that CP3 can't?

Of course, CP3 is untouchable, so Rockets won't get him even if everybody wants him.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The Bulls have pretty much two untouchables and they are Rose and Noah.

20. raj87

raj87 Member

Have you considered the combination of a Chris Paul to Carl Landry? Those two players could execute the pick and roll very effectively to close out games in the 4th quarter. A Landry/Paul connection would be even more effective than the current Paul/West combination in New Orleans.