1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My biggest issue with the Kevin Martin deal.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rowdy4Life, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

NBA2k sucks!! The only version that is worth playing is NBA2K7...every version after that is slow and unnatural.

2. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

How did he burn me? How old are you? If someone is laughing at your stupidity, it doesn't mean you are a funny person. Some people choose to laugh at people who make foolish decisions; does that mean they are comedians?

I think we Americans need to be forced to go to college for, at the very least, basic thinking courses.

3. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

He's just trying to change it up a little? He was obviously looking to start a thread for attention, hence "flame on". He knew what he was getting himself into, that the GARM is not really an appropriate place to post every random thought that comes to mind. This message board is surprisingly busy, and threads should have a purpose.

I don't need hugs, by the way. But I think you need an education.

4. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

I love this move since I'm pretty good with Martin on 2k10. I'll use him off ball for the win.

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Whoa there buckaroo! Insulting my intelligence because I also found it amusing that you had a post with "LOL" in it while saying the post you were responding to wasn't funny?

Relax. Calm down. It will be okay. You can't win 'em all.

For what it's worth, I think you're a despicable human being for attempting to insult someone's intelligence over good-natured Internet poo-flinging.

6. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Good comeback. I'm a despicable human being because you didn't make sense :mad: I'll give it a rest for now. I think it's for the best

7. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

What? That's not why. Here, let me quote and bold it since you had trouble:

Is that clear? Maybe I should re-word it so it's clearer, but I'm not quite sure how to make it simpler... hmm... got any suggestions since you claim to have more education than me? Obviously I'm not intelligent enough to re-word it in a simpler fashion than "you are x because of y".

8. Wack-T-713

Wack-T-713 Member

why is t-wack and kevin martin the same rating on 2k10.
    t-wack should be a 67 not a 76.
    kmart should be an 80 at least

9. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Well at least it's a challenge to score moreso than t-mac, I think I went for 80 with him once.

10. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

The Reckoning X. Top 100 on the game, hit me up.

11. AggieRocketsFan

LOLOLOL!!! NOBODY IS LAUGHING

12. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

My initial run with Kevin Martin on NBA 2K10:

Kevin Martin: 30 Minutes Played, 33 Points, 6 Rebounds, 9 Assists, 2 Steals, 1 Block, 3 Turnovers, 3 Fouls 12-26 FG% (Around his career FG% of 45%.) 2-8 3PT :( , 7-8 FT% :grin: (He does get to the line a lot.)

I know that this is from an NBA 2K game, so these stats could be inflated a bit... but I think that this is what we could be seeing from Kevin Martin in a Rockets Uniform playing under Adelman. His stats will improve (from reb, and assists, they should, bc he has the potential to do so.) Points will be there, as will steals, and a block or two, and of course, getting to the free throw line a lot.

Other notables from this game:

Trevor Ariza: 22 PTS, 5 REB, 8 AST, 3 BLK, 2 PF
    Aaron Brooks (AB) 17 PTS, 3 REB, 12 AST, 2 STL, 1 BLK, 3 PF

130-122 WIN over Trail Blazers.

13. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Wow, kaocsaephan, you're just killing yourself on this thread. It's like watching a dying fish flopping around and just can't seem to find water.

14. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSmrNxuAVG4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSmrNxuAVG4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    This doesn't really help, but for those who might be curious to see what Martin looks like on 2K9.

15. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

I tend to drive with Martin more than shoot the outside shot. Similar to real life, he is very good at drawing fouls in the lane. His shot will come, I've never been good with the quick releases on 2K (ray Allen, Marion, Martin, Ginobili.) Especially ially doing most of my play on their atrocious server, quick shots are incredibly hard due to he delay you get in most games.

16. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

You can't let negativity bug you a great deal, especially when your dealing with people delivering it through a keyboard. Weak sauce.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Typically players with fast release have been difficult for me to time as well. Players like Martin and Nash has definitely given me trouble.

18. RocketGZ

RocketGZ Member

Kevin Martin's shot in 2k10 is MUCH better than 2k9 since it's a faster release... 2k9 it was guaranteed to get smothered everytime since the release was so slow... unless you're wide open with no D in sight.

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I was able to pull off the 3 way in my association mode and get kevin martin, jeffries and hill, I had to add one extra no name player to get it to work though.

I agree, his release is so quick it is hard to get used to. I had the most trouble shooting free throws with him. He had a good game though for my frist time out.

He was the player of the game with 22 points and shot like 8 -13, something like that...

20. amaru

amaru Member

I see why you are a rookie with a red square.

Sorry beating a dead horse (McGrady) will not get you rep points. (at least not many)

:rolleyes: