1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Beef With Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hak34, Feb 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. bbjai

bbjai Member

T-mac actually rarely had trouble getting Yao the ball. Battier is probably a decent entry passer to him. And so was Rafer for all his faults. I just dont think the team is really built for Yao Ming at the moment.

2. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Thats the problem... The Rockets best chance is to get players that can work well with Yao.

I remember when Smith was talking about the Rockets last year during playoffs. Talking about how they surrounded Yao with high energy tough players like Landry, Battier, Artest, etc. Now it seems like we are going soft.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Why?????

Why would they put all of their eggs in one basket especially with a player with so many questions about him...

I like what Morey is doing, basically moving to a different direction a young direction...

Yao needs to try and fit in with the players and the program.. not the other way around..

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Aaron Brooks has been setting the table all fricken night against New Orleans, creating good shot after good shot, the team is just not hitting them.

You people that say he is not improving in that area are blind.

DD

5. T_Man

They see what they want to see!!!!

[​IMG]

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Brooks can learn to become a better playmaker but that is going to take some time, and that time we cannot afford. Kevin Martin is 27 years old and Scola and Yao are entering their 30s, the window for a championship is closing.

Package Brooks in the offseason in a trade for Steve Nash. I recall Morey going after Nash for the past two seasons and a Nash-Martin-Yao trio would definitely put us in contention for the championship.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Brooks is the 2nd highest scoring PG behind Derrick Rose in the entire league.

And you guys want to bench him.

ROFLMAO.......

DD

8. T_Man

Why would they want to go older when they are trading and moving towards becoming younger... Nash may have about 3 years left in him..

They are far ahead of the curve and if they keeping moving the way they are doing they will be able to get more than 1 championship without selling away their soul.

9. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Brooks is unsettled.

Finding that Darren Collison is speedier than him is upsetting his game.

10. Entropy

Entropy Member

Speedier and stronger.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

Still ROFLMAO?

12. towW

towW Member

getting coaching from chris paul will do that. that last steal was a testament to it.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

My beef with Brooks is him getting taken to school 2 nights in a row. TJ Ford -Darren Collison(sp?) - ??? Is Jameer next?

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Then he's not a Point guard. he's a Scoring Guard.

Where does he rank in Assists?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wohooo! Brooks can score so we shouldnt bench him! In that case, hell start Jared Jeffries over Chuck Hayes. :rolleyes: What does he(Brooks) do when he isnt scoring?

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

AB consistently proves how unclutch he is time and time again without Lowry to clean up after his messes.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Nash may have 3 years left in him, but I wouldn't be surpised if that's about how long our window of opportunity is with Yao. The ultimate goal is to win a title. If we have to sacrifice youth in order to become legitimate contenders, then so be it. Miami did it. Boston did it. Dallas did it. It's the smart the to do.

And Nash is far superior to Brooks.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well he had 8 assists and 2 turnovers, so if he isnt scoring you could say he is setting up his teamates and taking care of the ball.

Lets see he also had two steals....and a block.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pardon me, one night. I'll have to go back and look at the stat sheet of other games and see the numbers.

20. choujie

choujie Member

AB actually tried to get teammates involved today. But when the game started getting away in 3rd quarter, he paniced and took some stupid shots.

The bigger problem for AB now is defense. Got abused so easily. AB/Martin back court could be a disaster for defense. owry/AB or Lowry/Martin would be better.