1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My band has a new CD and some shows

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CBrownFanClub, Dec 21, 2005.

1. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Hi all - in addition to working full time as the president of the Chucky Brown Fan Club, I play in the Texas band Banana Blender Surprise. We play Texas rock / blues / funk / etc, mostly originals. We played full time from 93-95, part time in the years since. we have not played in a while, but have some new stuff going on.

We have a compliation CD coming out, tomorrow i think, called "Paint The Town Brown," all our old albums and some new songs on a two-CD set. you can get it at the shows or in the next week or so at www.texasmusicroundup.com. The album is coming out on Freedom Records. the art looks nice. I have yet to see a copy, or actually hear it, but thats what i get for living in California.

We are playing:
    Austin - Continental Club, 10-2, no breaks / opening band, Thursday 12/22
    Houston - Continental Club 10-2, " , Friday 12/23
    Houston - Continental Club 9-1, " , Monday 12/26

Our website: www.bananablendersurprise.com
    its pretty nothing much now, but i am adding Classic Albums sung by a speak and spell ASAP, and that will be hot. Pink Floyd and David Bowie first.

profile of David Beebe, our lead singer, this week in the statesman:
    http://www.austin360.com/arts/content/music/stories/2005/12/22music.html

more to come. thanks, hope everyone has a nice safe holiday season
    thanks
    gerard

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You know, I was just talking to Diane Tubb at Terra Nova the other day about this compilation. They just finished the mastering for our CD. Dude, if you guys book anything after January 28 (our CD release party), we need to hook up for a show.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Holy cow! I had no idea. I'm a huge fan. I feel like I'm posting on the board with a celebrity. That's pretty cool. I just wanted to let you know that I saw you guys a lot when you played earlier and then again when I was in H-Town at a New Year's Eve Show that was during a more irregular period of Banana Blender Surprise gigs.

Anyway congrats on the new CD. Glad to know that you not only play great music and shows, but that you are a bigtime Rocket's fan as well.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Dude, more warning next time. :) I'm gonna try to make it to the Monday show.