1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MW2 Map Pack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketJoe, Mar 12, 2010.

1. mic

mic Contributing Member

2. mic

mic Contributing Member

Also, they're supposedly FINALLY adding the other four maps (Terminal, Invasion, Skidrow, Highrise) to HCHQ in the near future. I hope to god that they do because that's the mode I pretty much play exclusively.

3. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't agree with you there. If you're laying down on top of a building and you're sniping and not moving.... I'm sorry but that's camping. The thing is people have a hard time admitting that several snipers tend to camp more than anything. I've seen snipers that move constantly and get nothing snipe kills.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Well if that is the case, it sounds like you just don't know how/arn't good at the game. Guarding a location is not camping. A sniper is supposed to sit still. And a guy with an assault rifle patrolling an area is not camping. In hardcore, you cannot just run around like a clown, you actually have to plan your moves strategically and take it slow. It provides a much more realistic atmosphere than any game out there.

5. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Is there any shame in throwing a grenade after being shot and in "last stand"? I hope not, because that's what I do.

6. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I'm damn good at the game. I don't have problems with campers, snipers or anything like that. And you're wrong about a sniper. Elite players don't sit around waiting for someone to come around. Maybe you should watch some youtube videos on sniping. Guarding is just another way of saying you camp homie... It's ok though. God still loves you...

In any matches in MW2, if you just run around like a "clown" as you put it, of course you will be killed.

What it sounds like is you can't move around without getting killed. I do recommend that you watch some videos on youtube.

7. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

LOL nah but God I hate last stand when you're playing in Team DM. It's a pain when you have like 15 assists in a game.

8. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Realistic? Really?? If you get shot by a .50 cal round, you're going to die and die badly.

It's an awesome game but I wouldn't go that far.

9. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

I need some pointers. My aim is horrible and when I start firing on someone up close I'm all over the place and often get my throat slit. I hate that.

What's your weapon of choice, including attachments and why? I like to go around looking for kills and normally don't like to camp with a sniping rifle.

How important to you is the audio, in terms of hearing someone walking around? I've been playing with earphones lately and that's helped a little.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

What is your sensitivity set at? I worked my way up from Medium and I'm at number 7 (very high) now. You might want to turn it down if you're spraying all over the place. Also when you're shooting close range, you have to move around at the same time you shoot. Can't stand in place. I only use the UMP45 (great for small maps, running around) and the TAR-21 which is one of the best guns in the game if used properly (controlled bursts for long distance etc).

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't need to watch any youtube videos on sniping, I am the best sniper I have ever come across in MW 1 or 2. Guarding is hardly camping (particularly in search an destroy). Whatever I do works because I get first place in almost every match. In my experience, the people that b**** about others playing style (besides people that cheat), are the ones that just suck and have to blame others for why they suck.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The fact that it only takes a single bullet to kill someone and that you cannot run around like rambo makes it a much more realistic environment than any other online game. I don't know where you are going with the .50 cal comment.

13. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Aiming comes in time. The more you play the better it gets. I would recommend playing the game first if you haven't already. After that, you want to line up players with your little crossfire points in the center of your screen. It takes time but you have to have patiences.

WhoMikejames brings up a great point. You might need to adjust your sensitivity. Also, you might want to switch to tactical. I've notice people do a lot better with that control. The other thing you must do is not get excited when you see someone. I've notice that a lot of players tend to make this mistake. Just take your time and you'll start to notice a difference.

As for weapons, the scar is probably the best thing to use. Once you unlock the silencer attachment, make sure the gun has it on there. You'll pick up more kills that way. The M4A1 is also a great weapon to use. For you to get better, I recommend you using the Scar, Perk 1 - sleight of hand, Perk 2 - Stopping power, Perk 3 - steady aim. Once you get the hang of it, you can mix it up some.

One of the biggest keys to this game is not to stop in one spot. It's key to keep moving and not set up camp. Now, at the same time, you don't want to run into the fight either. The John Wayne way will get you killed quickly. When you see a group of guys fighting. You want to try and keep a distances and fire that gun with the silencer. You'll get more kills that way. If keep on getting killed in one certain area, go another way. Try not to get frustrated.

Earphones tend to screw with people when they are playing. I keep the volume up loud and mute dumbasses that talk during the match. If you use claymores, it's important to have your volume up.

Whenever you have a chance, check this guy out. He's a lot better than me but I did learn a lot from him in certain ways he plays.

http://www.youtube.com/user/shaun0728

14. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

If you're the best sniper that you have run across then that's cool. I'll give you props even though I haven't seen you play. You must good if you can make that type of a bold statement. I'm also pretty good and I'm normally in the top two of each map.

Search and destory is different from what I was talking about. It seems that both of us play different MODs of the game. I see where your guarding comment fits in that MOD. I play team DM or FFA.

I agree with you as well on your last statement. I don't let campers or spawn hackers get to me. If you're a good player overall, you can win regardless of how others are playing. But there's nothing wrong with mentioning some of the glitches in that game. I was addressing others that were saying there's a lot of camping in MW2.

15. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Maybe in THCDM one bullet kills someone. You either have to get a headshot or a upper chest shot with the sniper gun for a one bullet kill. MW1 was a better fit IMO for snipers.

Rambo players are fun. It's easier to pick them off.

Sorry I wasn't clear on the .50 cal comment. I was referring to the .50 cal bullet isn't a one shot kill. If anyone gets hit with a .50 cal bullet, it's not going to look too good for you....

#95 CheezeyBoy22, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I watch the youtube videos regularly...im subscribed to hutch, sea nanners, pain cakes, tejbz, BlameTruth, WingofRedemption, Sam5000i, Essindees, etc... They all say that camping and patrolling an area are not the same thing. A camper literally sits in the corner of a room, in a dark spot, and waits for someone to cross their paths. Someone that is guarding an area and going back and forth between a couple points in a given location is not a camper.

17. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Patrolling an area is different then camping but it requires movement. Hutch had made that very clear in his videos. Good example is wastelands. When snipers are hiding in those houses, that's camping. Just because that player laid down that claymore at the backdoor doesn't make them patrolling.

The key statement you stated is right. That's a big difference then someone just laying down on top of the house and sniping. Movement is the key...

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    You've obviously never played me :)

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    After watching that guy snipe on cod4 I guarantee you I would absolutely destroy this guy. He missed a bunch of shots and was not nearly "quick" enough. I hate these youtube vids so much.

20. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I guess y'all should play each other...