1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Watch 2k15: James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 23, 2015.

1. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Harden finally number 1 on the MVP ladder.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/featur...hy-mvp-candidates/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3a

2. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Just don't put him on the cover of NBA 2k15!!

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Did anybody hear this Brandon Tierney tool on the radio? Basically said everybody had already handed the MVP trophy to Curry, but now that LeBron opened his mouth, we have to rethink things, and turn this into a two-man race between Steph and Lebron. He all but dismissed Harden (and Westbrook) from the race for God knows what reason. The fact that guys like this have access to national radio is sickening.

4. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

LeBron won't have a shot at MVP this season unless he can sustain the numbers he put in Golden State AND lead his team to a top 3 record in the NBA.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Matt Moore from CBS with some logical thinking and praise for The Beard

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...rd-quarter-report-checking-in-on-the-mvp-race

6. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

The media has given steph the MVP

The only way I see harden getting MVP is if he gets the scoring title and gets 2nd seed in west

7. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Glad they at least give him big credit and acknowledge the lack of supporting cast as opposed to Curry and of course that Curry is ahead because of the 'narrative' and best team argument.

Lebron is balling, but looked like a loser early on so he does not deserve it. Westbrook is coming and if he manages to get them a high seed, he could win it. Curry is good, but Harden is great. To me, it's between Harden and Westbrook.

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Michael Wilbon, who has a vote for MVP, has mentioned on PTI that IF Golden State remains number one, he's voting for Curry.

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

How does a guy with 2 allstars on his team, and the 9th best record in the league win MVP?

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A Win in Cleveland this Sunday will do wonders for his MVP chances

Rocket River

11. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Watching espn: "lebron should be in MVP discussion because he is taking a team who didn't make the playoffs to possibly the finals"

My reaction: "oh I guess kyrie, love, jr smith, shrumpert, mike miller, waiters, Shawn Marion, Thompson, mosgov hasn't helped at all"

Lebrons back must hurt from carrying all these scrubs

12. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Exactly. Harden has to start having big games on national tv against good teams to catch up to curry, because he doesn't get the love curry gets outside the game

13. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Beard's been cutting up the competition all season...that's why he's known as "The Barber", and soon to be League Most Valuable Player!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. HTM

HTM Member

Why is Lebron getting so much love? He plays with 2 other stars/superstars, has missed a bunch of games, his teams record isn't that good (ESPECIALLY considering they play 52 games against the east), and he only started playing well in the last month....

isn't it about a whole season of work?

what a joke.

15. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Skip B just said that on first take. Said lebrons first 2 months of not really showing that he cared from his effort takes him out of the race

16. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Skip has been known to be a LeBron hater though.

17. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Harden has his work cut out for him to win MVP (which, IMHO, there is no doubt he deserves right now). For whatever reason, the national media does it's best to ignore Houston, meanwhile, Curry & LBJ get a GOAT article written about them whenever they sneeze. I've seen at least 4 "articles" (article is probably the wrong word since it implies some shread of journalistic integrity as opposed to the biased crap that passes for news these days) written about LBJ after beating the GSW. Not a peep, though, about Harden getting that Clippers monkey off his back the other day, nor did I see any mention of his sick x-over that shattered Rubio's ankles into a million pieces. Instead, I get to read about Curry and Obama's dog - sooooo riviting.

Its not that I need to read stories about the Rockets to validate my opinion of this team, but it would be nice to get at least half the coverage the Warriors currently get... and I'm not talking about the crap written about DH's loud suits or Dork Elvis' analytics.

/rant

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If harden Loses this it would be pretty crappy. When you combine the stats and Howard being out and of they maintain the 4th best record that should be enough. It would really help if the warriors could play .500 ball for a while.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

In this particular case though, he's not wrong. LeBron has the juice to come on strong now because he coasted at the beginning. Imagine where the Rockets would be if Harden only decided to start trying after the New Year?

20. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I don't understand how people can say the media wants curry to win it. All sites I've seen that do MVP rankings now have Harden number 1, everytime I turn on NBA Sirius XM every guy says Harden is in the lead now. Tim Legler, Avery Johnson, Jalen Rose on ESPN have said Harden is MVP. Even Chuck said it! I'm pretty sure the media is starting to back Harden. Now he has to continue winning and playing well.