1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Shouldn’t Even be a Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Mar 1, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Media ain’t giving him another MVP

slothy420, Fulgore, topfive and 3 others like this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

Ratings

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree. What a stupid freaking conversation. Carried a broke-ass team to 50-something wins with a rarified season of pure offensive power -- the likes of which we honestly may never see again in the next 20 years -- and some stupid rag is talking about what it would take to be MVP.
    SMFH.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

B-Bob getting his dander up. :eek:

Reeko and B-Bob like this.
  5. SORF

SORF Member

I too was switching back and forth (during other show's commercials) and he was praising the Greek Freak and why he was his pick for MVP. The TNT crew spent time talking amongst themselves on air instead of just giving out the awards.

Shut up TNT crew and shortening the damn boring show. I didn't like watching it the last 3 years and when I read it here that Harden wasn't there, I decided not to watch it this year. But I kept checking back to see who the winners were. After hearing Kenny Smith's posterior end kissing of the Greek Freak, I found the result page on NBA to watch. And for about an hour that page's winners never increased. That is too much jabber jawing for an awards show. It is really a terrible and boring show...it needs to go.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly they should just announce it at the start of the season.

Many times they are already set on who they want it to be any way lol.

7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Lets face it. The only way harden ever wins mvp is if he is the overwhelming favorite. The team and organization failed him. We needed to do better and we needed to be a top 3 seed.

RichieBanks likes this.
  8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

LOL so getting him MORE help is gonna get him a MVP?? lmaoo wtf is going on man these opposing reactions just making me think everyone thats not a rockets fan just dumb AF

Reeko likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Kenny has always been a sorry **** along with the other 3 inside the nba clowns. Very sad sight when charles is usually the one who gives us the most credit.

11. realonemo

realonemo Member

Matt Moore is a great nba writer and has voted for Harden before. Multiple times I think. He's just saying if the team can get better ,they have a chance to win 60 plus games ,therefore making Harden's case even stronger.

tc0330 likes this.
  12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

again. MVP, most valuable PLAYER. not, most valuable team.

but i hear you. again. dumb AF kinda rationality.

jcf likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

When are the NBA voice awards ?

14. realonemo

realonemo Member

Agreed this award is silly because there has never been any criteria. I do know that winning (or best record) is a big check mark with the exception of Westbrook winning.

tc0330 likes this.
  15. Whats a mid-range?

So wins matter but no one takes into account that the Bucks play in the trash East where there are maybe 3 or 4 competitive teams. While in the West teams 1-8 are all competitive. I’d like to see the Bucks win 60+ games having to play the Warriors, Nuggets, Trailblazers and Jazz 3 or 4 times a year. Harden was Robbed plain and simple.

Reeko and Tfor3 like this.
  16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Idc anymore.

It was extremely important to me that he won one MVP, besides deserving it, because it cements his HoF legacy.

No player who has won MVP has not made the hall. Derek Rose will.likely be the first.

3 runner ups and 1 MVP win, cements his prime as an all-time great run.

Im proud of James and could care less what the media thinks anymore.

Dankstronaut and topfive like this.
  17. Whats a mid-range?

And one more thing. Wasn’t there Strength of Schedule also one of the weakest...that is not taken into account?

18. Whats a mid-range?

This may be beside the point but if any passionate basketball fan can find out, would Giannis be the first MVP with the weakest SOS to win the MVP award. I believe the Bucks were ranked 29 in SOS this season.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For me it is still Kawhi.....Playoffs are much more valuable.

Valuable also means, going to a whole new team, getting acclimated and getting them to the Finals and Ship in Year 1.

Regular season awards are so boring.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Someone is keeping all those players without thinking about salary cap.