1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Shouldn’t Even be a Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

When people talk about *team success* being a factor in MVP voting (and I agree it should matter), just remember WHO the MVP is of the Bucks.

Giannis stats have improved by 2 rebounds and 1 assist. Was Giannis the CATALYST for a JUMP from 7th seed to 1 seed? NO

Below!

BigMaloe, arno_ed, jcf and 5 others like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If Harden doesn't win after all he has done this season, u can bet your ass he won't win it anytime soon unless his team is 1st seed and even then it's unlikely.

Imagine if this was Lebron or Curry doing this exact thing, the media would be praisin those two player up and down

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahaha LOL

the Brick Freak isnt even in the same stratosphere as Hargod

5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

There are literally mountains of evidence in favor of his stance, all over the board. You’ve probably read most of it, as often as you’re on here. Asking for a repost is hardly debating in good faith.

Also, to clear something else up. Being #1 in free throws has absolutely nothing to do with ref bias, because it says exactly nothing about how many calls they don’t make. If the refs actually called every foul for everyone, Harden would have more free throws than most teams.

Also, human error is far too high in the NBA, to your point. Not sure what that has to do with bias, unless more biased refs screw up more often, or maybe refs become biased because they suck at doing the job they’re paid to do.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

20 points and 8 rebounds? Lol, that’s a good joke.

That’s so arbitrary.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Totally agree with this. Harden drives to basket more than any player in league and more than most teams in a game. Not to mention his usage rate is through the roof. If factor in the amount of time he has the ball compares to other players he probably gets way less calls. Heck if he was on the Lakers he would average 20+ free throws a game.

Mr. Space City and hakeem94 like this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

How valuable can he be if Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe, Snell, Mirotic, Brogdon can all miss today’s game and the Bucks may still win.. bud for coach of the year.

Im on board for a Brook Lopez for MVP. He’s the only difference between this year and last years team and they are soo much better.

Or cupcake eastern conference schedule for MVP!

#528 RHU525, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Players know. I guess Brian Windhorst didn't talk to these players

BigMaloe, BaselineFade, Amel and 3 others like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

In a game where you have to put a ball through a basket (not an easy feat at the NBA level), what James Harden has done is just ridiculous. Coupled that with him being a leader or close to it in steals, paint defense, etc..., it becomes less of a debate than a popularity contest.

BigShasta and jcf like this.
  12. the shark

the shark Member

In my opinion Harden is the MVP.

That said, anyone saying there shouldn't even be a discussion about it is just blind homerism.

Zoplicone likes this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. If Giannis was doing this in the West he should be MVP as well. He’s playing against cupcakes every other night and putting up worse numbers. In my opinion no one in East should be allowed to win MVP it’s a joke, when 27 of the top 30 players in league play in one conference.

So called Best player in league (LBJ) came out west with a better team and missed the playoffs.... That should end the argument right there.

If Westbrook gets MVP for triple double, what Harden is doing this year is just as historic. Easily deserves MVP.

hakeem94 and Houstunna like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

stop...

if it were Bron, Steph, or KD putting up 36, 6, and 7 on a 50+ win team in the West that had been ravaged by injuries they’d be a unanimous MVP and we would never even hear about Brick Freak...

there shouldn’t be a discussion...the only reason there is one is because it’s Harden who is having the legendary season and not 1 of those media darlings

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Rockes win % when Harden records a 50 point triple double = 100%

Bucks win % when Giannis records a 50 point triple double = nada

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Omfg I busted out laughing when I saw this. Are we seriously talking about 20 pts and 8 rebounds stats. Holly **** :D:D:D:D

Exactly what we needed, a packers fan chiming in for the mvp debate.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Every ref is different when you are a ref like Scott Foster then ok you are biased against the Rockets. This ref is obv not Scott Foster so where is the evidence they are biased against the Rockets? You can't just lump ever ref into one single entity and assume they are screwing the Rox.

So where is the evidence this particular ref is biased against the Rox? I have seen one bad call which is when Harden got a phantom foul. But then again I also saw a blocking foul by Tucker get called a charge so thats just bad calls.

Harden had 50 pts on 30% shooting the other night were the refs just giving him some slack? Cmon bro, stop with the victim mentality already Harden just shot poorly the Bucks game refs had nothing to do with it.

18. mikol13

Supporting Member

Yeah it’s beyond laughable.

ryano2009 likes this.
  19. mikol13

Supporting Member

20. the shark

the shark Member

Again I'll say that in my opinion Harden is the MVP. Saying there can't even be a discussion about it (I didn't say a debate but a discussion) is crazy.

Bucks record against the West playoff teams right now:
    GS 1-1
    Den 2-0
    Por 1-1
    Hou 2-0
    Utah 1-1
    Clip 1-1
    SA 1-1
    OKC 0-1 (one left to play)

6-2 against the top 4 teams in the West.