1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Must have Android apps?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by professorjay, Jun 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I've been using Google's My Tracks for GPS recording. I really like how it automatically saves it on your google Drive account, and you can share it and it plays them in Google Earth.

Used Endomondo when I was traveling in Lebanon and snowboarded, it's a pretty neat program for the active peeps.

2. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Have you tried Falcon Pro yet? Was 1$ when i bought it. By far the best twitter app for android IMO. I tried plume too. but this one is much better.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jv.falcon.pro&hl=en

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yup. It seems pretty neat. I've been waiting for an updated Google Tasks. Looks like this might be it. Once they add more features, it'll definitely be better, but it's a nice simple-to-use note app.

I second this as well.

Falcon Pro hands down is the best twitter app I've used for Android. I use it both my tablet and phone. Definitely worth the money.

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Falcon doesn't have a widget, last I checked. That is a must-have. Plume's widget actually really rocks.

5. ItsMyFault

6. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

might d-load it just to see. i'm not a big note taker, so never seen the need for evernote or anything like that.

heard its been buggy though too...you can take pics and make annotations too right?

7. ItsMyFault

Yeah its like a general note taking app. Pics, annotations, task list, voice recordings.

I haven't used it fully enough to notice any bugs, I'm sure there are though.

The main reason for me wanting to use it is the tasks list.

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm loving Keep right now. The widget is nice too. It's perfect for me: taking quick temporary notes and lists (like grocery shopping, to do's, reminders). I previously used color note.

As for Twitter clients, I use HootSuite because I can track multiple twitter accounts, schedule tweets in the future, and I also use the web interface as my main twitter client on the desktop.

9. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

There is a seperate falcon widget that ItsMyFault linked to.

A seperate, more stripped down, but very functional widget has been added to the last update of Falcon Pro. The developer is pretty active and fast.

10. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Not really interested in trying out Keep after the google reader debacle. Been using google reader for 7 years now and google suddenly cutting did not go down well with me, esp when is generating more traffic than Google+.

I have decided to stick to apps that companies actually rely on for their revenues - Like evernote, which is so damn good IMO.

11. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Slightly off topic , but this is a fantastic service - https://ifttt.com/wtf . Please try it out. Helps save a lot of time.

12. underoverup

underoverup Member

What are some fun games that work well with a touch screen?

13. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Here are some -
    7x7
    gyro
    hill climb racing
    jetpack joyride
    temple run (of course)
    Granny Smith
    Plague Inc (ultimate time waster this)

I am looking for more too.

2 people like this.
  14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I use Catch for notes. No complaints with it.

15. professorjay

BTW the official March Madness app is awesome. Watch all the games, and notifications when games are close in the final minutes and/or upset potential.

16. professorjay

I'm going house hunting next week. Would this be an ideal app to pin spots that I want to remember?

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Kingsoft Office for MS Office applications. Although I'd like to hear what others use as an Office suite app.

18. JeopardE

Kingsoft is actually ridiculously full-featured for a free app.

19. JeopardE

I might have to give Falcon a second look then. I thought it was nice when I tried it, but the lack of a widget was a showstopper. I hope the widget is as nice as Plume's though. Plume gives you almost all the functionality you need from within the widget itself, with the main restriction being that you are limited to just the last 50-60 tweets or so (open the app to see more). Holding down on a tweet gives you an extensive menu of options. And it's really clean and nice looking -- not cartoony or annoying like most Twitter widgets are.

Update-- just took a look at the Falcon widget. Looks quite nice and full featured too. I'll give it a shot. I've already paid for Falcon before so if it convinces me I'll make the switch.

20. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

If it were me, I would just star the locations in Google Maps. Hit the little blue "My Location" icon when you're at a house you like, click on the bubble that pops up, and tick the star at the top-right of the subsequent details page.