1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslims...tell me something nice about your religion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by calurker, Dec 10, 2015.

1. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Please enlighten me on the beauty, poetry and kindness of Islam. I think too much time is spent dwelling on how terrorism, martyrdom and virgins do not represent Islam. It doesn't work telling the world what Islam IS NOT when so many such acts are perpetrated in the name of Islam. Please tell the world what Islam IS. What's its view on meaning of life? What's its view on the afterlife (other than 72 virgins)? How does one attain salvation?

Inb4 "Google it".

1 person likes this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

A good place to start your quest: read the Qu'ran.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

One nice aspect is it's treatment of the poor. All Muslims must pay I believe 2% of their earning towards charity.

The brother hood aspect of Islam regardless of race is nice (except if you're Jewish) but it also is a double edged sword.

#3 fchowd0311, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  4. fchowd0311

The fastest tract for a Musilm to become an atheist is to tread the Quran and the historically accurate life of the prophet.

I know someone will state "Your don't think Muslims read the Quran!?"

Actually a large portion of them don't. The biggest culprit of this is South Asian Muslims. It's tradition to recite the Quran without understanding a lick of Arabic.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OP,

Please enlighten me on the beauty, poetry and kindness of [your world view]. I think too much time is spent dwelling on how [drone strikes], [collateral damage] and [torturers] do not represent [you]. It doesn't work telling the world what [you] ARE NOT when so many such acts are perpetrated in the name of [you]. Please tell the world what [you ARE]. What's [your] view on meaning of life? What's [your] view on the afterlife (other than [streets of gold])? How does one attain salvation?

Please use no more than 10,000 words for your answer.

2 people like this.
  6. fchowd0311

I don't know what you have against someone wanting to understand the positive aspects of Islam.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LOL not surprised at all. I dare say 1% of Christians have read the whole Bible. They don't even know who translated the thing! "Sacred words" ha. Yeah, Jesus spoke in English? Christians don't have the slightest clue who came up with those English words in the Bible.

8. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-3l6diJ2oZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HeFMyrWlZ68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jH-uHgdzpXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m5vw4ajnWGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BTW, not islamic but choose to rise above hate

1 person likes this.
  9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Why should "Muslims" write an essay justifying themselves for some OP dude who actually does not care enough to read the Qu'ran? In fact, he is not pursuing the truth (or he's very ****ing lazy): he's just trolling.

Just like OP, I would enjoy to read an essay about the beauty and poetry of OP's life. Do you object to that?

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Its okay the marry a 9 year old. If you're a pedophile, you'l love this.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Mohamed was not prophet, he was war lord who spread his cult by the sword.

12. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

The foundation of Islam boils down to the 5 pillars of Islam.

1. Faith - There is only one god and Prophet Muhammed is the last messenger

2. Prayer - Pray 5 times a day

3. Charity - 2.5% of income/savings to the needy.

4. Fasting - Fast Sunrise to Sunset for the Month of Ramadan.

5. Pilgrimage to Mecca

Here's a link:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Pillars_of_Islam

13. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

You have people like Rockets Legend who wants to talk out his butt and spew hate without talking about the positives of the religion.

Hard to talk about the positives when this thread will get derailed with only negative talking points by certain people who have a inner hatred for the religion.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

People back then lived to be like 30 so such things were more acceptable back then.

15. fchowd0311

There are parts of Islam that I vehemently disagree with which is part of why I'm an ex-Muslim however, this thread was created to emphasize the positive elements of Islam, and I agree with you. This thread should be Muslim posters shinning some positive light on a rather dark time for Muslims(referring to the Trump posse bigotry)

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You get to marry your sister and cousin sister a few years later

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

[​IMG]

18. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

You can marry your sister in Islam? Thats news to me. Thanks for teaching me something new about my religion. :rolleyes:

19. fchowd0311

Just to be clear, according to the most credible hadith sources it was 6 however that really isn't the issue. I can understand that it was a 'culturally acceptable' practice to perform during his time.

The problem arises with objective morality and the concept that Muhammad is the last messenger for the rest of mankind to emulate. His cultural norms of his era are what is supposed to be universal morality for the rest of time according to Islam. Hindsight, ya there are going to be some glaring problems with that notion.

20. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

In my experience you have a lot of people who make the religion way more complicated then it has to be. Especially South Asians. So I can see why you say you disagree with a lot of Islam. Growing up I was taught a lot of incorrect strict things that I completely disagree with. I truly believe my religion boils down to the 5 pillars of islam and living a good moral life.