1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslims in Germany demand the right to make the University of Berlin into a mosque

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, May 27, 2016.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Been checking in to see if fdchow had any response to his ridiculous accusation. I see he's been on, but no response.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, how do you know about my other user name? Nah, you don't know, you'd have jumped on that by now.

As for me posting in your threads - I really don't care what you say anymore. I really see you as a fairly sad human being with emotional problems, stalker-like tendencies, and who knows what else. You clearly not a happy person. I hope you find a path to being a more fulfilled.

Do you even know what a double standard is?

It does seem like you know what a circle jerk is though. I give you credit for that.

#42 Sweet Lou 4 2, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
  3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Yeah, do that... and you'll find that we had non-denominational Judeo-Christian prayer is our public schools for DECADES before it was removed. What did that little move improve?

4. Falcons Talon

Ooohhhh burn. That's a good one. What are you, in middle school? Would you prefer hypocrite?

Muslims in Germany demand the right to make the University of Berlin into a mosque--
    Christian ban "Namaste" from Georgia schools (One school actually)
    By Sweet Lou 4 2...oh, but it was a typo. pfft

#44 Falcons Talon, May 31, 2016
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Yeah, I said that it was a typo in the thread. Adding an "s" by mistake - which is plausible and not the same as completely fabricating something with a totally b.s. headline.

You are comparing apples and oranges here. Double standard? No. You are simply circle jerking which is fine, it's how guys like you, Space Ghost, and ATW get your rep because it's definitely not coming from quality posts made about basketball.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

When your house guest thinks he owns the place it's time to get him out by any means necessary.

It's like the guy who is squatting in Jerod's apartment in Silicon Valley and Europe is Jarod. It's pathetic.

7. Falcons Talon

No way. Did you just bring up circle jerks and rep Mr Moses Malone? LMAO.

If you want to bring up basketball, take it to the basketball forum. However, I don't feel the need to armchair QB on a forum when I've coached a HS basketball team from October through February for the past 22 years.

#47 Falcons Talon, May 31, 2016
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It wasn't the typo, although I am sure it wasn't a typo. It was the use of the word "banned". Apparently Sweet Lou has a different definition of the word banned.

A single instructor willingly to not use a certain word during an instruction practice is considered "banning" to Sweet Lou, despite anyone else in that school can use it at anytime.

9. Space Ghost

WOW! Are you really focusing on peoples rep AND calling them out on how they get it? Who really cares about rep points, much less how you get them.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

No, the article stated the word was banned - a school isn't going to just stop one instructor from using one word, it's going to prevent the entire staff from using that word. Don't be ridiculous. You've been disingenuous as best here.

And let's get back on topic, how can you agree with a thread title that is just a complete lie in the fact that it's saying these guys want to turn the entire university into a mosque when they are just asking for a space to pray? That's incredibly xenophobic and disturbing. To defend that is to share in the xenophobia and I am not surprised the right-wing nut jobs are the ones coming to the defense of it.

11. Space Ghost

I dont disagree. The thread title is not accurate.

If I prove that only one instructor agreed not to use the word Namaste during practice/instruction, will you agree your thread title is no different?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The difference is that I had no intention of misleading anyone or reinterpreting an article to be something else in that thread. With this thread title - it is a blatant intention to mislead and stir up trouble. There is a difference. You can say both are inaccurate - but to say they are inaccurate in the same way is not something I'd agree with.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Careful... You're not anonymous on this site.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What exactly is inaccurate about the thread title? I guess it's "part of" the University of Berlin into a mosque. Slightly shortened by whoever titled it that, for effect. So what?

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/b...m-prayer-rooms-after-wave-closures-1849609291

How is protesting against a prayer room being closed the same as wanting to turn a university into a mosque?

16. HR Dept

Headline: Apple Preparing to Stop Selling iPhones
    vs.
    Headline: Apple Preparing to Stop Selling iPhones in Rose Gold Color

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the "part of" from the original article and "Rose Gold Color" from my example are prepositional phrases. And that's what qualifies the statement and gives it context.

Did you really need that explained to you?

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They DEMAND a prayer room in a publicly funded, secular institution. People can go to the mosque to pray, if they feel the need to do so. A prayer room serves the same purpose. How is DEMANDING a prayer room in a secular, publicly funded institution for a specific religious ideology not turning that room de facto into a mini-mosque? Prayer room and mosque serve the same purpose, no?

Why do you argue about semantics (I know why, but...)? Do you think they should be provided a prayer room by the university? If yes, why?

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, because it's an idiotic example. Are you an idiot? Do I need to explain it to you again?

19. HR Dept

No... It's the type of example used to explain basic sentence structure to elementary level students. So that they can understand it.

Are there any Kindergarten or Pre-K teachers here that can maybe explain this to ATW on a more remedial level?

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's a completely idiotic example that has nothing to do with the thread or the thread title. I asked if you are an idiot. You have answered the question. Thank you.