1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslims groom and rape over 1400 underage girls in Rotherham, England

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know honestly.

I was raised and educated by Jesuits and have wondered the same with the child sex cover up in the Catholic Church.

I will admit the cynical side of me believes it is a lot of lip service.

2. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

Catholics kill 168 in Oklahoma city bombing!

1 person likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah except McVeigh was atheist .....

If you want to pin deaths on Catholics, it isn't that hard... a wiki search will come up with lots of hits, especially 400-500 years ago.

Also after Oklahoma City there was a large, wide spread concern about militias and white separatist groups.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who knows how many of them are secular or devout. Really, what is the point of that? Are they raping and doing these crimes because they are Muslim? That's what the thread title and discussion here is implying. That Islam is to blame for this. Not the gangs themselves.

Question is why are you trying to connect Muslim/Islam to these crimes then?

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, not exactly...

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/an-accurate-look-at-timothy-mcveighs-beliefs-cms-15532

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I don't think you can blame this on religion. Instead it should be pinned on those too afraid to confront the issue due to fear of being labeled a racist. It also should be pinned on those insisting on labeling people and institutions as racist creating a perverse environment where law enforcement can't or won't do their job and aren't reprimanded or fired for failing to protect the people.

7. Nook

Nook Member

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Actually the op was the one that brought Muslims into this topic in the first place.

Try again

9. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah ..... Except they ARE Muslim... and there was the whole fact the police did not investigate the matter in greater detail for "sensitivity" reasons.

I don't need to "try again". The outrage over the OP pointing out the offenders being Muslim has far exceeded any outrage over 1400 sex slaves... but continue.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Regardless of the religious affiliation of those responsible for what allegedly happened over an absurd length of time in and around an English city, the facts reported up to now stagger the mind. How could something like this happen? Was this done in an organized fashion? Was it done in concert with a religious cult? Who were the leaders, if this was organized? If it wasn't organized by a group, who were the individuals or individual responsible? The facts need to be ascertained in order to verify who should be blamed, how anything like this can be prevented in the future, and who should be punished to the full extent of the law.

This is truly shocking.

11. Remii

Remii Member

FWIW he's not an atheist...

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That is correct.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

No the outrage is around the issue but the efforts of the OP and others to distract the issue into where it should be and instead take it to a place it doesn't need to go.

This is about how this was allowed to happen. not that the criminals were Muslim.

14. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How do Commodore and ATW explain the global, decades long, sexual abuse of tens of thousands children, carried out by Catholic priests, covered up by the Catholic church at the highest levels, and ignored by local authorities?

Somehow I don't think Islam and liberal PC culture were factors. They may want to look a little deeper for the causes of sexual abuse grounded in religion.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Catholic church grooms as many children for abuse -- perhaps the title should just be 'Men hiding under the guise of religion rape children'.

16. NewRoxFan

No, you said he was an atheist. Instead he was born and raised as a Catholic, and later drifted away from the teachings of his church.

I am not blaming his actions on his religion or is religious beliefs. Nor would I blame the actions in the OP on the Muslim religion.

17. Nook

Nook Member

You said he was Catholic...

He called himself Agnostic...

18. Nook

Nook Member

I think ATW actually had a thread criticizing the Catholic Church on this site based on the sex charges... There were a number of people critical of the Church based on the charges.

Child rape is part of the history of the Catholic Church and there is no way around it.

19. NewRoxFan

I only have two posts (previous to this) in this thread. Please point out where I said McVeigh was a Catholic.

And again, you claimed he was an Atheist. Now you are (perhaps more correctly) saying he called himself an Agnostic. You do know that atheists and agnostics are different, no?

And my main point remains... I wouldn't blame all agnostics (or even atheists) for McVeigh's actions... and I wouldn't blame the actions in the OP on all Muslims.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There are some parallels. Repressed sexuality and abuse go hand in hand. I find abuse in the Catholic church just as disgusting as by Muslims.

But it is a known fact that in some Muslim cultures, such as in Pakistan, women are viewed as "lower" than men and are treated by many (obviously not by all) with less respect. And if you think about it, that starts in many mosques, where the men pray in the center of the mosque, whereas women may only pray in some special designated areas almost outside. How does the religious ideology of Islam not already factor into the whole perception of women being lesser human beings in the eyes of many (not all) followers of that religion, then? The testimony of a woman only counts half of that of a man. Rape is almost impossible to prosecute under Sharia law because of the lack of male witnesses. Etc. etc.

Add to that the fact that in many, many mosques, an "us vs. them" mentality is fostered, where people are basically taught that non-Muslims are worth less than Muslims, and you can no longer deny that it is purely logical that these young Pakistani males who go to these mosques a) regard women as lower-ranked beings who deserve less respect, b) regard non-Muslims as lower-ranked beings who deserve less respect and c) regard the combination of both as even lower-ranked beings who deserve even less respect.

Deny it as much as you want, there are many who will no longer be fooled by the attempts of leftists and Islamists to blindfold everyone on the issue. It's people like you who flat out deny any connection who have made this possible.

Don't take my word for it. Take Lord Ahmed's word for it (from the Daily Mail article), whom I believe to be a Muslim of Pakistani origin. He is even saying he sees an ideological connection between the IS guys and the rapists - through mosque attendance.

#40 AroundTheWorld, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    1 person likes this.