1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslims bringing rape culture to Europe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Jan 7, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

look at how these ungrateful bastards slowly turning europe into a shthole
    americas already fked so come on over. i bet i can get away with a lot of stuff on these abominations the way this country's been going
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ky3ZresFd2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Part of the problem is that politicians live in a bubble and have no idea what is going on in the inner cities and on subway trains and buses.

When you bring in 1 million people, a very large percentage of which has an entirely backwards mentality - fueled by their religious ideology - when it comes to women, gays, "infidels", Jews, etc. - to not expect trouble like this is either extremely naive or extremely ignorant or just f***ing stupid. They also bring their conflicts from their home countries to our country.

I have gotten a lot of hate here from the leftists and Islamists, for criticizing the ideology of political Islam. But it leads to backwardness like this.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Unprecedented sex harassment in Helsinki by asylum seekers at New Year, Finnish police report <a href="https://t.co/hR7foSxFVv">https://t.co/hR7foSxFVv</a></p>&mdash; Allahpundit (@allahpundit) <a href="https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/685450812026298368">January 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Every crime of this nature is unacceptable and to be condemned in the strongest words, no matter who commits it.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

how long before Euro governments start recommending women cover up before going outside?

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Here is a reddit post that perfectly sums up why Islamic culture and sexual harassment/rape go hand in hand.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/comments/3zx4rm/why_sexual_harassment_has_a_lot_to_do_with_islam/

"Islamic sources routinely spread the myth about men who can't control themselves when they see a sexy woman. This is actually worse than a myth, it's a lie because it's spread by men who must know what nonsense it is. Swimming pools and nude colonies do not see more assaults than other places, if the sight of skin made men lose control this would be different. Criminals commit crimes because they feel entitled to do so and because they think they will get away with it. Claiming a criminal could not control himself means to excuse him.
    Islam makes it women's responsibility not to entice men (hijab, modest dress). But the truth is, straight men will always be enticed by women, no matter what you do. If a woman is enticing to a man and the man believes she has a responsibility not to be, it's easy for him to engage in the mental gymnastics that ultimately place the blame on her. "She should not have turned me on if she did not want me to act on my urges." The argument that men are supposed to lower their gaze is problematic because first, its unrealistic (imagine this in a modern big city--you either have to hide women away or society can't function because no man will see where he's going); and second, a man can choose to lower his gaze but a woman can not choose not to appeal to a man. The man has control over how well he meets his responsibilities, the woman doesn't.
    Islamic sources assign a high value to virginity, to being 'untouched'. A woman who was harassed, molested or raped might feel that her 'value' would be diminished if others found out. She might keep quiet, and the criminal doesn't have to fear punishment.
    If the right requirements are met, a Muslim man is allowed to turn a woman into his sex object. Muslim women are obligated to have sex with their husbands; in the past, a Muslim man could legally have sex with female slaves he owned. Men are promised an army of lovers with no will of their own in the afterlife, almost as if the female body was a prize or a piece of loot. If you can legally turn a woman into a sex object provided the requirements are met, that means objectification of women isn't fundamentally wrong."

The TL'DR version is Islam inherently places more of the onus on the woman to not entice men into raping them. Though a similar notion can be extracted from Old testament Christianity also.

7. Northside Storm

It hasn't happened in decades despite waves of immigration of all kind--and millions of Muslims.

Centuries ago, the Moors may have been even more liberal back when irrational religious thought still had any sort of power in Europe.

I wonder if your trigger warning also applies for Eastern Orthodox Europeans, such as the current Russian rebels and Bosnian Serbs, given that you can only seem to think of issues in terms of large groups of people.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It has been happening a lot. The Intern is entirely clueless.

9. Northside Storm

by the way, while we're talking about "bringing rape culture to Europe", can we talk about "rape culture in Europe" or is this specifically a thread to highlight rape culture by ethnicity/religiousity? In order to "bring" something doesn't it have to not exist in the first place?

Beaten, raped, tortured and starved: The shocking fate of Eastern European sex trafficking victims revealed

As many as 25,000 Moldovans fall prey to trafficking gangs each year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...uropean-sex-trafficking-victims-revealed.html

there's a common thread here, and it isn't just Islam.

10. fchowd0311

No one is stating that it's 'JUST islam'. Islam doesn't have a monopoly on rape culture.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Tell us how you really feel. What do you fantasize about doing to them when they arrive here?

12. Northside Storm

that's bulls**t and deserves to be called out. Women are never objects and any ideology that thinks of them as such will evantually fade to dust.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Never. Dream on

14. Northside Storm

to be fair, Ronny though

but to be very clear, everybody else treating this as an Islam-only topic is thinking that it is just Islam. Certain parts of Europe still have severe problems with paternalistic attitudes, like severe mass sex slavery type of problems. Solutions like "banning or mistreating" Muslim immigrants will NOT solve that, and it does a disservice to both reason and fact to broadly claim issues in terms of specific ethnicities or religions rather than, quite simply, terrible patterns of thought and the criminals who act on them.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It looks like Slavic culture corrupted by the legacy of communism to placate repressed white girl fetishes in near Eastern countries.

16. fchowd0311

WUTT??

Were you being sarcastic or were you serious?

If you 'called me out', you might want to counter with some actual substantial retort besides 'BULL****!'.

17. Northside Storm

Let me clarify: the Islamic attitude you outlined towards women is bulls**t.

Any ideology or segment of any ideology that thinks that way about women will evantually fade to dust.

Paternalism and irrational thought take time to defeat, but the "moral arc of the universe is long" and all that.

That defeat, by the way, starts with integration of that thought into dynamic, prosperous countries where thinking of women as objects is simply incompatible, in the long run, with both social and economic prosperity.

18. fchowd0311

Edit: Never mind. I read your sentence wrong Northside. You were calling out the practice, not me. My bad. You agreed with me.

Also, wrapping women up and 'hiding them' because us men are uncontrollable sex machines is objectifying women. Us men cannot control our primal instincts, thus it's on the onus of women to not enable those primal instincts. That is pretty much the philosophy behind Islam and women.

Objects usually cannot have more than one owner. Hence women cannot have sexual relations with more than one man. A owner can have more than one possession of the same object( 2 cars) and in this case Islamic men can have sex with more than one woman but they must 'own' them first aka marry them.

Men can use their possessions or objects they own anytime they want. They can drive their car any time they want. A man can have sex with her wife anytime he wants. There is no concept of spousal rape in Islam.

I can go on and on how Islam objectifies women.

I hope you are right Northside. I hope these ideologies do fade to dust.

#78 fchowd0311, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  19. Northside Storm

I think people mistake my defense of how Muslims are treated/viewed and my call to think of issues beyond the worst logical extrapolation of "individual X must be group X, therefore group X must be banned/punished etc." as defense of the tenets of Islam for some strange reason.

I am no fan of Islam. In fact, anybody who reads my positions on this forum on other topics would know that is a farcical notion.

Nevertheless, that doesn't give me or anybody else an excuse to be sloppy with generalizations, bad thinking, ignorance of larger issues and themes, and rash policy prosposals.

As for why I think paternalistic thought is doomed to fail, that's a long-winded post in of itself and off-topic for this thread. If you're really interested, I suggest we discuss this in private or in another thread. I'll tease that train of thought by saying that the economies and societies of the 21st century that will succeed will be the ones who empower thinkers of all kinds. We wouldn't understand radioactivity without Marie Curie. We wouldn't have started on the path to mathematical abstraction with machines without, among others, Ada Lovelace.

EDIT: saw that you agreed that we agreed, I'll let this stand as a full explainer for anybody else curious

20. fchowd0311

Just in case you didn't read my edit, I misread your post. I thought you were calling 'bull****' on my claim about Islam and women. Just some basic miscommunication.

And to further elaborate, I think a way these practices of objectifying women will eventually dissipate is the fact that almost half of your max economic output is stunted when your culture does objectify women as nothing more than breeding machines.