1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslims attack again - EgyptAir Flight 804 missing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, May 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Strong command of American history

[​IMG]

2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

No, it wasn't. Being a radical Islamist terrorist was.

Funny you bring up Nazi-ism here. He was white, right? So, clearly, all whites must therefore be associated with him, no? Or maybe, just maybe, your logic is fairly flawed.

So says the one displaying the ignorance. Good job!

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Broad strokes much? I am just curious who these people you refer to are? Then again I might just filter them out. What I do see here is bigtexxx who often says "need more facts" clearly thinks it was Muslims behind this. So that's kinda ironic you didn't call him out, but not surprising at all.

It seems odd that a plane would continue flying erratically after an explosion - usually the plane breaks up. Seems also odd that there was no communication.

So it appears to be some kind of in-flight action - maybe a suicidal pilot similar to GermanWings or maybe fight or hijacking - which would seem more plausible coming out of Paris.

I am not sure whether or not this being an action of an Islamic Fundamentalist/Extremist changes the overall calculus of what is going on there much. I do think it will be used by the right - and we see that here already to further demonize Islam as a whole.

#63 Sweet Lou 4 2, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Is bigdog exiled's secret account?

5. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Dahmer? 'skew me?

6. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

He meant to say "when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor."

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Where whites the victims or the attackers when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yes, wrong name (McVeigh) in my haste. But doesn't change my point (and Dahmer would actually be another good example of just that point).

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

We turn a blind eye to atrocities that we feel don't concern us.

But, FWIW, we aren't 'inching closer to genocide'. Genocide is what ISIS is doing right now, and has been for quite a while. And not just against Jews and Christians, but against any Muslims that don't believe exactly as they do, too.

Its also as much a power grab as an ideological one, too. The people at the top perform, and use, these atrocities as publicity for attracting more members. Which is pretty messed up in itself--both that they do it, and that it seems to be pretty effective. This, to me, is the problem we need to solve. Because until we solve that, these groups will always be able to attract more members, and do so by performing the very acts we seek to have them stop.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

IRS doesn't care. If you've breathed air that once drifted over American soil, they want you to file.

I must have missed your thread. Please post a link and I'd be happy to participate in that conversation.

Who are "those same people"? This sounds like a formula for confirmation bias. If I urge restraint (or jump to conclusions, which is more my scene) on both police brutality and on terrorism, you'll remember one but not the other.

11. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

key diff here is 'some officials saying probably.' The analogy would make more sense if first part was "Black man dies" = Clutchfans consensus that he was killed by a white cop. It's more understandable speculating on motives when more of what happened is known. Known knowns and all that.

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

FWIW, speculation based upon what is known (such as the behaviour of the plane, the lack of communication, etc) is ok, IMHO. Assuming said speculation is then fact, or drawing conclusions based on said speculation...that is an issue. Essentially creating straw men at that point.

13. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Please just step away for a minute. thanks

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

After exiled's claim to be an expert on commercial crashes after flying a few hours in a Cessna I am convinced he is a troll account of AroundTheWorld as a false flag.

Making that character a little too r****ded SirJackie.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, and those long, tortuous arguments between Exiled and ATW that completely derail threads -- that's just Jackie arguing with himself? :eek:

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

Bandwagoner is possibly a real life detective , no wonder most crimes goes unsolved , but this time he is actually correct , atw is a user name to make dumb comments , exiled a user name to make remarkably smart argument with intentional spelling mistakes . the only person crazy enough to have invest such time and effort would be >honey Bear , just a few user names in his collection

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Shut up, ATW!

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

wir ausgesetzt sind , Zeit in ein neues Forum zu bewegen

I'm a bit offended over the tortuous arguments description, clutchfans and the city of Houston should be great-full for enlightened educational posts we 'v contributed from different angel of point of views, it was almost panoramic scenes

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member