1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslim persecution of homosexuals

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Milo noted recently that the left puts Muslims at the top of their victim hierarchy, and yet they want to kill everyone else on that list.

Trump's statements today reiterating the need for a Muslim immigration ban and praising LGBT seem to recognize that contradiction.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Milo is a mouthpiece and tool for the right, dude wished he wasn't even gay...and Rogan ate him up for being a hypocrite. You can't play both sides and bask in being a novelty like he does.

https://youtu.be/VhD_JmYNqoY?t=1m37s

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I read an overly long piece about it from Jonathan Tilove, link below, that attempts to explain it. Color me skeptical. Patrick is quite capable of doing something stupid and then going to some lengths to proclaim his innocence if it turns out to be politically damaging. The man is an embarrassment to the State of Texas, whether the tweet was "innocent" or not. With Abbott, the governor, they make up a far-right pair of extremists who are happily screwing the people of this state. Research them both, in depth. What you will find will show why people like me are willing to believe just about any absurd thing they are accused of.

http://politics.blog.mystatesman.co...he-backlash-against-dan-patricks-bible-verse/

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You avoided the question and went straight to Christian hating. You named one individual who's pre-scheduled (per another poster) tweet was misconstrued. The sweet sweet irony of how critical we are of others who use religious books to do awful atrocities. Bigotry begets bigotry. So please, try again and tell me what other religion is celebrating the deaths of gays. (please refrain from pointing out the fringe nuts)

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you support a ban on Muslims?

6. Commodore

no, but only because it's not practical to enforce

a geographic ban would be more feasible (still wouldn't catch everyone though)

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Does Honey Bear have his hand in the cookie jar??

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

nice one. ok yeah cant talk about the nutters huh? westboro baptist is just a flesh wound.

and this orlando dude wasnt any less fringe than breivik or anyone else huh? I love the way some can be fringe and some cant selective to the argument. thats l laughable. the norwegian mass murderer breivik was all for white this or whatever garbage but hes just fringe. his death count was higher btw. how do we fit our lame ass argument with him? fringe right? doesnt count. like this mateen guy was a jokeshop just as much as that POS in santa barbara, klebold, virginia tech *******, dahmer etc. its not that hard people.

gays are persecuted by many religions including muslims. gays are persecuted by whole countries as huge as russia.

arguing about dumb stuff that is obvious is boring. cmon really you and honey gaga etc need to get it together.

im not muslim but this anti muslim agenda here is so weak and the arguments made so flimsy.. I feel bad for whatever religion you are ..that your religion must suck SO bad that you u need to make yourself feel better about your sh**itass religion by trying to insert an agenda in the midst of a tragedy. sick stuff man. nice work.

what religion was brevik? what religion are westboro? wait somehow those dont count, FRINGE I SAY ....FRINGE.

thats a freaking monumental insult to the BILLIONS of normal muslim out there. F you on their behalf for saying that and not knowing your own definition of fringe you filthy animal.

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

not seeing any "christian hating" in deckard's post. :confused: everything you typed after is some sorta whatever straw man hyperbolized hogwash that had nothing to do with what he typed. where did it say that he hates christians? he may hate dan patrick, but hating politicians is par for the course in this forum.

and i lol'ed at "fringe nuts". what is that today?

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

You're thinking of Honey Bare.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

13. sammy

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

True. And sad. But two wrongs don't make a right. And "some Christians" != 90 % of Muslims worldwide.

15. sammy

Nope. You don't live around here so you wouldn't know. Plenty of my current and former co-workers have the same beliefs. Most conservative Christians do. The same ones that think the world is a few thousand years old.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You are completely off base. What you are suggesting is a radical group of people can call themselves whatever they want and they automatically represent that group. How idiotic is that? Christians as a whole reject Westboro.

While the vast majority of Muslims are not looking to shoot up a club or blow up a market place or train, they certainly do not speak out against them. Instead, they persecute anyone who disagrees with them, treat their women like chattel and feel their religious law should govern the land. But somehow you will still throw Christians in this boat.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I have met such people (ultra conservative Southern Baptists). I know that they have crazy beliefs, and I think they are not that different from Muslims who are prejudiced against gays. But I have lived in many countries, and these ultra conservative Christians in Texas are a tiny percentage of Christians worldwide in that regard. Most (nominal) Christians nowadays don't give a damn and just let people be. Granted, it is not that long ago at all that that was very different in the Western world as well. I will concede that, and I hope that the whole world becomes more tolerant.

18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

You are completely off base. What you are suggesting is a radical group of people (or person like omar mateen) can call themselves whatever they want (shia, sunni, or whatever) and they automatically represent that group. How idiotic is that? American Muslims as a whole reject ISIS.

and yes i read your second paragraph. still doesn't rectify the former.

off topic

as a side note... going by just your argument, this is not a terrorist attack. not that you in particular said it, but executive leadership, media, and americans are just scared crapless of calling this a hate crime. narratives on election years suck. not a fan of either candidate.

/off topic

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Any terrorist attack is a hate crime.

20. Commodore

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">UCF cancels Milo Yiannopoulos' (<a href="https://twitter.com/Nero">@Nero</a>) scheduled speech on &quot;gays and Islam&quot; — Here's the reason offered: <a href="https://t.co/H9mDgzbeVG">https://t.co/H9mDgzbeVG</a></p>&mdash; Jason Howerton (@jason_howerton) <a href="https://twitter.com/jason_howerton/status/742776505038557184">June 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2/ We are arranging a press conference for TOMORROW here in Orlando. I will be delivering my speech then.</p>&mdash; Milo Yiannopoulos ✘ (@Nero) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nero/status/742762041778278400">June 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>