1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Musings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hpscc, Jun 20, 2002.

1. hpscc

hpscc Member

Draft Musings

Yao kind of reminds me of Ivan Drago from Rocky IV.

Seriously though, after reflection on the NBA landscape of centers, I would say Yao Ming would best be compared to a 7'5 Vlade Divac, not an overally physical or athletic guy, but someone who can post up, shoot, rebound and block shots, pass, defend, and do these all reasonably well.

Everyone I've heard has raved about Yao's passing. Also, from the video I've seen, Yao appears as much if not more athletic then Divac.

In the latest Chronicle article, they mentioned that Yao's agents wanted a lump sum payment, and the Sharks want a percentage over the long haul. IMHO, that's a pretty big discrepancy between the two parties. And now Wilcox comes in...was that previously scheduled?

With the cancellation of the Jay Williams workout, it seems apparent that Jay Williams' agent does not want Houston to draft him if they don't have a deal already in place. Jay Williams and/or Krause may have put him up to this. However you slice it, it seems odd that someone would refuse to workout for the team with the first overall pick.

#1 hpscc, Jun 20, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2002
  2. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

a 7'5" divac with more atheletic ability is not bad at all IMO

3. hpscc

hpscc Member

That's what I think, definitely all-star or close to all-star level.