1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MUSIC]What upcoming shows are you going to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Harrisment, Feb 4, 2010.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

gy!be is one of the few bands that i really consider to be "epic." i'll be eager to hear what they put out.

the latest silver mt. zion album was kind of disappointing.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Going to see Van Morrison at the Woodlands Pavilion on May 1st. Also going to see the Holmes Brothers in Chicago in early May, as well as hit up a few blues clubs while I am there. Holmes Brothers are a killer blues act with a heavy gospel influence.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

dr. dog and ben folds next month. have a ticket for thom yorke this weekend in chicago, but no money for a plane ticket.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm here at the Julian Casablancas show. any CFers?

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

lupe in two weeks!

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Review?

You need to check out Tumbleweed Connection if you haven't already. To me it's much better than Goodbye Yellowbrick Road, and if you're looking for "uncommercial", not one of the songs on it will you find on any of his greatest hit compilations.

8. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Rush in Philly July 21 and NJ on Sept 3. Yeah I'm a dork.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

The man is a virtuoso pianist- and damn, played for 3 hours!!! Geez. Anyway, opened with Funeral For a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding, then Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, then 3 songs from Madman Across the Water. Did a lot of hits: Philadelphia Freedom, Daniel, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, I'm Still Standing, Sad Songs, Rocket Man, Bennie and the Jets, etc. Also did Burn Down the Mission- excellent!!

High Points: Funeral for a Friend, Burn Down the Mission, The B**ch is Back, Crocodile Rock (yes, believe it or not), Circle of Life, Madman.

So-So: Honky Cat- something was wrong, the whole band kept looking around at each other, and it's like his microphone wasn't working for the whole song, soft and loud, then perfectly fine the next song.

Rocket Man: Love the song, great for the first 4 minutes. But it's just too much to try to stretch it into a 9-minute song, which they did. "Funeral" works at that length (11 minutes) because it's broken up into several parts. After the 20th time he sings, "I'm a Rockeeeet, Mannnnn......" it lost its edge a bit.

Did Not Play: Anything from Captain Fantastic, including Someone Saved My Life Tonight. Inexcusable, Elton!!!! (j/k). Would've liked to have heard something from that album, though.

Crowd was very good, as far as Lubbock is concerned (like my town, but boy, they've been some of the lamest crowds I've ever experienced, Houston puts them to shame). Some lady in my section was giving her daughter beer- girl couldn't have been more than 14- and the cops busted her. Daughter could barely walk down the stairs- what are these parents thinking???

No one lit up, so no waft of Mary Jane like you get when you're back in the grass at Cynthia Woods Pavilion.

Next Up: Rick Springfield in Fort Worth- hey, sometimes you gotta do these things for your significant other- besides, his show is actually pretty good, and there's definitely a lot of MILF eye candy on display (man, I'm regressing). After that, I need to see some hardcore, thrash metal band to get the pop out of my system.

10. tulexan

tulexan Member

Jazz Fest. Great lineup this year

11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

COACHELLA!!!!

I've only waited like three years. :grin:

12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

[​IMG]
    By rrliled at 2010-04-14

My band, Inner Lights plays at 8:30.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Flying out tomorrow morning and headed to Coachella for the weekend. :grin:

Wakko - I'll be looking for you in the Texans hoodie. Or, shoot me an email through the board if you wanna try meeting up for a heineken one day in the beer gardens. :)

14. bmthint

bmthint Member

I was there. He didnt seem like he wanted to be out there... played 4 songs and ran off.

15. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

I've got tickets to:

Jeff Beck
    Nora Jones
    Porcupine Tree
    Rush (Red Rocks)

I'll probably catch Rush here in Houston as well. Got to catch them while you can...

16. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Good stuff.. I am good friends with a member of The Manichean

17. REEKO_HTOWN

Felt like it didn't it.

I waited till 1 am outside for him and he no showed.

18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

We missed the last one, heard it was jammed pack. See you there. :cool:

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Did he really only play 4 songs and leave? He was the headliner, right?

I felt his solo album was a god-awful piece of work. Easily the worst of all the Strokes side projects. I read that his tour was losing money since not too many people were attending.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

I thought the album was great. I love the electro sound. There were a lot of people at the show. More than at Little Joy's or Albert Hammond's solo tours.

Just my taste. The show was Great! I have the setlist actually. I always get one.

[​IMG]

Can't wait for the guys to get back together though.