1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MUSIC]What upcoming shows are you going to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Harrisment, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Landlord Landry

March 18th - Caspian w/ Arms and Sleepers! sic.

2. dianap07

dianap07 Member

Alicia Keys - April
    Michael Buble - June? can't remember

Trying to see if I can get Muse tix.

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

TobyMac and Skillet - April 1st in Tyler.

4. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZrWmeY58Tss&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZrWmeY58Tss&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

WAS going to go see motion city soundtrack tonight... can't anymore :(

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you mean, word is Geddy and Alex are about ready to do a new album and tour...meanwhile, Neil is being elusive when discussing whether he feels ready to do so since he just had a new kid last August.

Knowing the way Neil has been the last 10 years or so when it comes to working much, Im not holding my breath for a summer 2010 tour...maybe summer 2011 if we are lucky.

Whenever they come, Ill be there especially since it is likely to be their last tour.

also, thanks for the headsup on Megadeth, I dont listen to local radio enough to have heard about it previously. Gonna try to go if I can.

7. mic

mic Contributing Member

Unfortunately, there aren't many shows that come through here that I care too much about, but I'm going to see A Place to Bury Strangers/The Big Pink at Warehouse live and Washed Out/Beach House at Walter's.

I've seen APTBS live almost half a dozen times, and their live show is incredible. Oliver makes my loins tingle. I'm not that thrilled about The Big Pink. I feel like I should like them a lot more than I do, but I just can't get over how lame their song 'Dominos' is. Reminds me of something I'd hear at the mall. Really wish the opener/headliner were reversed.

When I found out Washed Out/Beach House were coming, I think I started trembling I was so excited and completely shocked. Never did I think I'd get to see Washed Out in Houston, and Teen Dream is easily one of my favorite albums of the year so far (and likely by the end of the year).

I'll probably go to Thee Oh Sees at Mango's in March also. Oh, and I wanna see the Vivian Girls. There are a few other shows I have mild interest in... still debating. Haven't checked to see who else is coming to town recently.

8. Landlord Landry

9. Angle02

Angle02 Member

March 4th, Bossier City, LA...
    Flyleaf
    Breaking Benjamin
    Three Days Grace

10. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

Portugal, the man March 6. Warehouse Live
    Citizen Cope March 13 HOB

11. AkeemTheDreem86

So Gov't Mule @ the House of Blues was great, even though I got kicked out right before the encore when a friend passed me a flask :(

Next up is the incredible Grateful Dead tribute band, Dark Star Orchestra. They play entire Dead sets all the way through as they were played in the style of the era. At the end of the show they announce the date, which makes for a fun little guessing game amongst fellow concertgoers. Should be, as always, a great time.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Other than the ones I'm playing in, none.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I have the coolest wife ever! Just found out that for my birthday, she's flying us out to Los Angeles to see Massive Attack on May 18th and 19th at the Wiltern. So f'kin excited! :grin:

Here's their full list of US dates for any other MA fans out there:

Massive Attack 2010 Tour Dates:
    05/07 - Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
    05/09 - Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
    05/11 - New York, NY @ Terminal 5
    05/12 - New York, NY @ Terminal 5
    05/18 - Los Angeles, CA @ Wiltern Theater
    05/19 - Los Angeles, CA @ Wiltern Theater
    05/25 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theater
    05/27 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theater
    05/30 - George, WA @ Sasquatch! Music Festival

14. HombreDeHierro

Lupe Fiasco

4/26

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Ray Davies in Dallas, March 17
    Cheap Trick in Oklahoma, March 19
    Elton John in Lubbock, April 9

Davies is the one I'm really pumped about (seen the other two multiple times). Other than Bob Dylan and Pete Townshend, I'd put Davies as the best lyricist in rock and roll.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

April is busy for me.

My schedule:

4/12 Julian Casablancas

4/17 The Big Pink

4/30 Phoenix

17. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Black Eyed Peas at the Rodeo on 3/18

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Neil always drags his feet a little. It has never held up a tour. There is word the will be playing the closing Olympic ceremonies and they have a festival gig this summer. Neil has even eluded to, on his blog posts, that he is itching to play in front of audiences again. As for an album, Rush has no studio contract that requires another album. They may do a concept piece or do a few songs and release for sale on Internet or something. Also, word is Neil's drum technician tweeter the other day he is presently waiting on a final decision.

I think chances are really high they do it this year. We will see.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

With all the stuff Neil's been through, I don't blame him for wanting to spend time with his wife and kid- that really should be his focus at this point in his life. However, you gotsta pay the bills, so as long as they don't skip Texas, a mini-tour would be great.

"Better people, better food, and better beer..."

1 person likes this.
  20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Just not in August at the Woodlands again, please God NO!!! :mad: