1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Music News] RIP Soundgarden & Audioslave's Chris Cornell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, May 18, 2017.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I heard he moved to FL recently which is totally different from living in Seattle. One of the concert-goer said his performance was odd and his last song was about "death." Regardless of circumstances, it is sad he is gone since he was going to be here next week.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Euphoria morning was one of my old guitar teachers favorite albums

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

One thing I am extremely thankful for is that I never got the suicide gene. That's incredibly selfish to say in this thread, but I truly don't wish that on anyone. And that's what it has to be. When you contribute something to the world that very few will ever do, when you have caring friends and family, and hundreds of thousands of fans, and a comfortable lifestyle- then the only thing I can think of is that some people have the suicide gene and it can overtake everything at any time. I pray and hope that those who have it somehow manage to suppress it long enough so that they have a reasonably happy life.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

My cousin was at the show last night and texted me that around 6am this morning. ****ing weird **** must have been going on in his mind. I honestly ever cared for either band really although Soundgarden had some great tunes, but I love Cornell. His voice was ****ing amazing and I would sometimes go into a Youtube Vortex watching his acoustic renditions of songs. Truly, TRULY talented guy with one of the most unique and beautiful voices ever.

I still remember hearing about Layne Staley dying. I was in serious depression for like weeks. Same with Cobain. I remember watching all of the MTV News specials and recording everything on the VCR. Major depression mode there too as Grunge hit hard right when I was around 18. Now that I'm older I just not as shocked any longer, but this still sucks so bad. For his family of course, but for the music we'll all miss out on now as they were recording tunes for a new album.

DudeWah likes this.
  7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

one of the best to ever do it.... unique voice.

RIP

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

One of the most distinctive voices and transcendent talents in music. This one hurts more than most others......

RIP

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would add one other person to that list Anthony Keidas (probably spelled wrong) those 6 though. They were all mainstream but good in there own right. Pearl Jam being my favorite. Ironically I have never seen Pearl Jam (or Nirvana) but have seen the others live.

RIP Cornell.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

14. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Damn. Went out like Ian Curtis. Geez.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  15. LonghornFan

This was posted months ago at another board I visit often and just found today. It's always a guess game in one thread and I swear, 99% of them turn out to be true.

buffalobills!!! and Ziggy like this.
  16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think the occam's razor explanation is a ton of drug and alcohol abuse caught up to him in the form of later life depression and suicide.

17. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Three sides to every story, and that's definitely one of them.

18. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Vicky Karayiannis didn't die (if I read this article correctly).

19. LonghornFan

Yeah, I got a little bit confused with their writing as well. So much to read. From what I gathered it was just someone who attended the marriage ceremony.

20. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I googled the Black Calavados ( out of business and located in Paris, France) and saw that it was owned by both Cornell and Vicky Karayiannis.

This story sounds pretty true. with that said, he was probably trying to find a way out of her web and finally realized that she completely screwed him over. The result of her destruction was his ultimate death, fatherless children, and a well off widow. Sad....

And she is pretty hideous

buffalobills!!! likes this.