1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Music News] 2016 Grammys Awards/Nominations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Remix

Remix Member

Holy smokes. Kendrick that was unreal :eek:

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

That performance from Kendrick was probably the most intense thing to ever happen at the Grammys. Very impressive.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Adele did not do the best. Weight loss is never good for soul singers. She did ok.

4. 713

713 Member

is the grammys live or recorded?

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's live with a delay.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What? No china girl or dancing in the streets?

7. Agonz281

Agonz281 Member

The grammys award show has lost its importance in my opinion. All the artist that where in the ads Killer Mike, St Vincent, the national, and janelle monae all are more talented and more interesting than most of the acts that performed not named kendrick Lamar, the weeknd, and Miguel.

Then they give skilled and diplomatic the electronic album of the year instead of Jamie xx.

If kendrick loses man, the grammy are just a way for labels to sell more singles for their pop stars

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Nah, twitter is going crazy because someone screwed up the sound.

But if this post is serious, I'd advise you to listen to her other live performances from songs from "25."

She da queen.

9. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

The Grammy's have been overrated and irrelevant for decades, not years, decades!!!
    This is the same "academy" that gave a Grammy for best album NOT to
    Prince's Purple Rain or Springsteen's Born in the USA or
    Tina Turner's Private Dancer or Cyndi Lauper's She's So Unusual.
    Noooooo!!! They give it to Lionel Richie!!!
    These are the same people who gave the first Hard Rock/Metal Grammy to
    Jethro Tull over ...And Justice for All by Metallica.

Do they actually get it right from time? Yes. But those moments are so few and far between it's ridiculous.

As you pointed out, the Grammys are just about pushing an artist or record for more sales.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I heard the audio problems at the beginning of the performance. That wasn't the reason she didn't sing well.

I don't trust twitter when it comes to Adele. The thirstiness for Adele is at peak levels, so even when she doesn't do a good job, they will say it's something else or ignore it.

I heard her live stuff from this album and it is no where near as good as her previous albums.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agree to disagree. I think she's just as good live, now, than in years past.

But I do believe the screwups at the start of the performance tonight might have impacted her.

12. Agonz281

Agonz281 Member

Wow. You were right. These snubs are absurdly disrespectful to artist like kendrick, bruce ,kanye, Prince, and any artist losing out to any mega popstar.

They get it right at times but man they are wrong like 90% of the time. And the albums nominated don't deserve to be in the same breathe as to pump a butterfly.

Grammys should be rebuilt from the ground up

Get critics from around the globe to pick out the nominees because the looks of it the people picking out the nominees don't really listen to music outside of the billboard top 40. Make the voting committee listen to the 5 nominees and challenge them instead of picking the easy pop song that they've heard a dozen times. I've actually heard of these people putting checks on boxes next to artists just because of the familiarity of the artist name. Never do they have to listen to the music.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man where is Kanye when you need him. Taylor Swift...over The Weeknd, Kendrick Lamar, AND the Alabama Shakes?

Disappointing, but not unexpected.

14. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

15. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Weeknd's album was alright but no way it could hold a candle to anything Taylor Swift queefs out... TPAB and Alabama shakes on the other hand were better

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I never understood why the Grammys can't reward art the same way the Oscars do. The Academy will nominate and award artsy and ambitious films/performances regularly.

I have no idea what the grammy uses in their nominations and awards. I mean, last year Beck won best album, which you can't really say is a commercial success. But it was also probably the fifth best album that Beck has made, and really had no other music critic calling it the best of the year.

This year they clearly went the commercial route.

"Bizarre" is the best way to describe the Grammys.

17. conquistador#11

taylor is the greatest musician of our time and your parents and great grand parents' time. not only does she play the guitar, but her writing is beyond anything you people have ever witnessed. Do you see Ryan adams covering Kanye? kanye doesn't ever cover kanye.

(just using the other thread's logic)

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I recorded and watched in about an hour. I think I fast-forwarded through everything except the tributes.

B.B. King tribute was awesome. I loved how all the solos were in his 'less is more' style - even Bonnie with her slide. Probably the best part of the night.

Eagles were pretty good. I was surprised how well Jackson Browne's voice blended in with the rest of their PERFECT harmonies. You could tell they were all pretty emotional playing that song. It was cool to see.

Marice White tribute was nice too. That was one of my favorite EWF songs and I really dig acapella music - plus Stevie Wonder!

Lionel Richie was okay. Best part was when he came up there and showed those assclowns how it was done. Luke Brian? Really??

David Bowie tribute was pretty cool. You can tell Gaga is a real fan.

Lemmy tribute wasn't that great. The over-the-top pyrotechnics and frantic camera work was distracting. Especially since Motorhead never relied on those cheesy effects. And this "supergroup" was actually pretty lame. Maybe just because of the bad sound?

As for the actual awards....who cares?

1 person likes this.
  19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Taylor Swift is an abomination.

Its like an Adam Sandler movie winning Best Picture every year at the Oscars.

Just because a bunch of radio sheep bleat along to your clowncock music doesn't mean it has any artistic value.

And also she is not attractive.

WE ARE NEVER EVER EVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow thats insanely deep. That makes Leonard Cohen's lyrics sound like something a monkey scribbled on tree branch with his dick.

**** Taylor Swift.

1 person likes this.
  20. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more....