1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MUSIC] Dub Side of the Moon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by codell, Aug 30, 2005.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

Group is called Easy Star All-Stars and they performed in Austin a few weeks ago according to my brother in law. He swore they did a good job on the remake of "Dark Side of The Moon" by Pink Floyd. I ...ummmm ...."acquired" a few of the songs off the album today. I think they did a decent job.

The thing is though, they are a reggae group and the remakes definitely have a heavy reggae flavor to them.

Anyone else heard this group or the remake?

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

They remade the whole album and it's freakin' amazing! I totally dig Easy Star All-Stars!!

http://www.easystar.com/ - get some!!

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I got "Dub Side of the Moon" a few years ago. I love it...really clever (using the sound of bong and coughing to sound like the change sound effects in "Money," for example) and it actually works. I bet they are a hoot live. Thanks for reminding me of them, Codell...I'll put them on!

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Im 50/50 so far on whether they pulled it off.

I think they did good on Us & Them and Money. Didn't like their version of Time.

Definitely different and if you are a big Floyd fan, I recommend checking it out.

5. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I'm a big dub fan.

I remember when this came out. I never heard it all though. My friend said it was "ok". I totally forgot about it. I would like to hear the whole album.

BTW, anyone remember Dread Zeppelin? Whatever happened to them?