1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Music] Drake - You Can Thank Me Now

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jEXCLUSIVE, Jun 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

Has Drake lived up to the high expectations of his debut album?

I don't think it's too bad, but I don't have a definitive opinion either. So R&B/Rap/Pop fans...

Thoughts...

2. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

I mean "You Can thank Me Later."

Sorry...

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Good rapper, not so good beats/chorus made his album meh for me.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

how does Drake feel about people who doubted him? I don't think he's been clear about it

1 person likes this.
  5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I didn't think it was as good as I was expecting it to be. Especially considering how his infamous mixtape was very stellar. I liked only 3 or 4 songs. I did expect much more. I'm sure lots of people will like it, but for me, wasn't feeling much of the album.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nope.

There's like 3 good songs in this R&B album. It's handicapped.

[​IMG]

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I've been checking it out since it leaked a couple weeks ago.

I kind of like the ambient vibe on it, but I'd say only half of the album is good.

I like pretty much all the middle songs, but it falls apart towards the end and the bonus tracks also stink.

Overall 6/10

8. YaosDirtyStache

I would honestly only thank Drake if he would retire after he collects his check. Thus begins what I call the "Dark Ages" of hip-hop.

I thought the dark ages happened about 2 yrs ago with Soulja Boy, Sean Kingston, that guy who did the EY BEY BEY song...but this is gonna be really really terrible.

"YUNG MONEY" and all who has, and will be involved with them, will kill hiphop...Drake is GARBAGE, Wayne is a shell of the shell he has become and now just annoying...and dont get me started on Nikki Minaj. Minaj may be the least talented, most annoying, foulest, ugliest, nastiest, no good excuse for a public hooker I have ever seen since Brittney Spears.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Don't worry, Em's masterpiece hits on FRIDAY thus washing away this garbage

10. drumbum

drumbum Member

I wish I could give some rep for this because that's absolutely hilarious.

11. YaosDirtyStache

I sit here in anticipation. I am not sure how the godfathers of hiphop allowed it to get this way...I may prefer Soulja Boy to this crap.

12. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

It isn't a terrible album, for a casual rap fan. For real hip-hop heads though, it's a huge disappointment. Not so much because he has the potential to make classic hip-hop albums, more because of all the damn hype. He has the resources and connections to create great music. Instead he decides to release some kinda ****ty R&B/Rap hybrid album. Some of the hooks are catchy, but it isn't even close to be a decent album.

Maybe he will learn, and his next one will be much better. There just isn't any consistency in his songs. They all pretty much sound the same, but it's like he tried to hard to make them sound different. Might not make sense, but that's how I feel when I hear it.

And yes the Eminem album is amazing. Drake should consult with Mr.Mathers as to how to go about making good music.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm surprised Jay-Z hasn't asked 50 to pop all the autotune ****ers.

14. YaosDirtyStache

Probably because right now 50 can barely lift his guns. Fool needs to hit the roids again after his movie is done!

15. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

Since when is June 21st a Friday? Last time I checked it was a Monday and I'm pretty sure it still is ;)

16. hithereitstim

hithereitstim Member

Pre-Young Money Drake is the Drake you guys should be listening to; stuff like Room for Improvement and Comeback Season. I think he's sacrificing substance to get his fame. Hopefully after all the hype is dead and he gets his money, he'll go back to his old self because that's what made me a HUGE fan of his music.

I do like Thank Me Later though. It's a nice album to sit and chill to.

17. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Eminem is going to make this album look like a joke. I hate Drake!

18. YaosDirtyStache

Drake already made Drakes album look like a joke...with his weird face and grin, terrible rhyming style and sell out lines.

19. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

Drake's lyrics.

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I totally agree on the Nicki Minaj analysis, I hate that annoying pig. Lil' Kim should make a comeback just to destroy her.