1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Multiple News Outlets are calling AJ's Injury a Hamstring Injury...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RedRedemption, Oct 2, 2011.

1. delta69er

delta69er Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/umDr0mPuyQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Oh, I think it's more likely than not that he's out a month minimum, like Arian. I just don't see it as a season-ender or at risk of surgery, based on the comments today. As long as he can conceivably come back after the bye (Nov. 27), I think we'll be fine.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

From Adam Schefter:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NFL&id=1575&line=215392&spln=1

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If he comes back after the bye week, I'll be a happy camper.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is like 7 weeks away.....let's hope it is only a week or two.

DD

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If it was a playoff game, I'm sure he would give it a go at even 70, 80%. But as we saw with the Arian situation, it's not advisable for him to suit up and play until he's 100 %. The risk of re-aggravating the hammy is far too high. We don't need another Mcgrady/Yao situation.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I thought it was after the ravens game, whoops.

I want him before we go to tennessee...

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My guess is that the Texans know whats up, but it really does them no good to reveal the status of the injury or the timetable for his return. They'll keep it hush hush for as long as they can. Very doubtful that Dre could be back in 3-4 days like Kubiak said...thats just to give the Raiders some more homework.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I am fine if it isn't season ending and he will make a full recovery.

11. jman255

jman255 Member

I just traded Greg Jennings for Andre Johnson, so he better get back soon :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I will be at the Cuervo Bar until Andre is back.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

But you're completely ignoring my second fact, which complements the first.

I can understand having a serious injury, which still leaves you able to walk, so the player walks off thinking it's a minor issue. However, once in the locker room, there should be some kind of confirmation that it's not minor. It could be a negative test of some sort or visible swelling/redness. Enough doubt would be raised after careful inspection, so that they wouldn't simply allow him to stand on it like that. If they had found something he would have been on crutches or sitting, at least, and probably stayed in the locker room. Even if just as a precaution. It seems to me that they didn't see enough reason to be that cautious and simply keeping him off the field was enough for them. Sounds like an injury, but not a serious one.

sure, there's a chance im completely wrong, but i don't see any reason for people's lengthy assumptions, or even panicking.

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Good news if it's week to week. But considering how frightening it looked to see him go down all of a sudden, I don't want him back until everyone is absolutely confident the knee is ok. I don't want him to go down again, for good.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Out vs the Raiders. Back vs the Ravens...... I hope.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've seen Yao score points on a broken foot.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not the same thing at all. Have to consider location and whether it's soft tissue or bone. Again, my guess is they didn't see any, or any significant, reaction coming from the injury after close inspection, but they can't just ignore the fact that his leg literally gave out and he screamed in pain, so they sat him down and got him tested.

I think his reaction at the moment of injury was what worried them most and not so much anything they saw in the locker room. Has anyone heard or read what he felt? That would probably say a lot about his possible injury.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who gets multiple opinions on a strain? Something smells fishy here.

DD

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Hamstrings are weird. The time period of rest from injury varies so since he's the most valuable player in the history of the Texan's franchise - it's probably better to err on the side of caution and get as much information as you can before you make a decision.

EDIT: It also doesn't let the Raiders game plan for a specific outcome.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

if it were you and me it would smell fishy...but with a guy who plays pro sports, doesn't sound fishy at all. the question to be asked of multiple doctors is, "when can he return?" you don't want to bring him back too early and risk losing him for more time....the texans may be learning from the foster mistake.