1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Multiple News Outlets are calling AJ's Injury a Hamstring Injury...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RedRedemption, Oct 2, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Seeking multiple opinions does not sound good to me.......

DD

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Sitting him for a few weeks is inevitable, but I would just love to see him comeback to take out Finnegan again in week 7. Damn this week 11 bye week.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I interpret Kubiak's statement as they found something bad and are wanting to get a 2nd opinion to confirm. If all they saw this morning was your run of the mill "anti awesomeness", then why the need for a 2nd opinion?

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The second opinion worry would be that someone put surgery on the table.

5. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

damn.. the hamstring must be torn... bracing for the worst....

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Remember, also, that Kubiak gains nothing by doomsday'ing the injury and giving Oakland a few extra days to prepare for a Johnson-less Texan team. He mentored under one the most paranoid injury reporters on the planet.

My guess is that he probably has a better idea than he's letting on.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

A strain is a partial tear. We've been through this before.

I don't think this is Dunta type situation. AJ was standing watching the game literally an hour later.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm still bracing for the inevitability of surgery for Andre, which would mean anywhere between 8-12 weeks recovery time. If it's anything less than that, I will consider the Texans lucky, and just pray that Andre can recover 100% for the final stretch of the season. It's going to suck to not have him though....this offense just isn't the same when he's not on the field. Jacoby needs to get his **** together, and focus on becoming the WR we need him to be.

9. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I hope he's okay.

1 person likes this.
  10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had the feeling when it happened and still have the feeling unfortunately that he's going to be out awhile. At least it wasn't the knee.

IF that's the case then, no half measures such as TO or Moss will do.

The Texans are going to have to make a strong move for an upper tier 1 WR pronto.

#90 Plowman, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  11. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the world of AJ but I think it's clear the Texans need to start looking to draft a wide receiver this upcoming off season. I'm not saying he's done, but Dre can't stay healthy.

I would love for them to make a trade, but I don't think they'll do it unless he's out for the season. Either way, Schaub needs to start trusting his other WR's so we can see what we really have.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-still-evaluating-severity-of-Andre-2200616.php

That to me says one of two things:

1) It's not as bad as originally thought and the Texans hope to get him back in 1-2 weeks but some doctors disagree on that timetable.

2) It's not season ending but it's bad enough to miss maybe half or more, surgery has been floated as an option, and the Texans are trying to find a solution that doesn't require it.

If it's scenario 1 he's probably back in a month or so. If it's two, maybe after the bye.

Either way it sucks, but teams have to deal with injuries. We got enough weapons on offense to persevere.

-And honestly, I'd rather stick with what we have then sign some washed up veteran thinking he's the savior and expecting to get the ball.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Lets look at the facts:

He WALKED off the field.

He STOOD for quite a while after coming back.

If he's out for weekS, I doubt it's because of the severity of the injury. Probably just extra rest and the team will likely be winning.

i think they're just getting more opinions to be sure they don't F up anything, since there's so much pressure on them to make the playoffs this year.

14. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if Coach Kubiak or Matt Schaub realize that. I still think there is a trust issue with our passing game at times when it comes to the WR's. I've always felt that they relied too much on Dre to bail them out. You have to use those other WR's to take the pressure/open up big plays for Dre.

I would like to see more passing this weekend when we play Oakland. I don't have a problem pounding the rock, but you can't do that every play.

15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Kubiak said they don't know if it will be 3 or 4 days or a few weeks. While he may have been hiding something, if it was looking bad I would think he wouldn't have put out such a such a short time frame for his possible return.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Walking off the field does not necessarily mean the injury is not severe. Not that this is an ACL injury, but many players (including Biggio) walked off the field with a slight limp after an ACL tear (for example), then had surgery and was out for the year.

17. msn

msn Member

From where?

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It'll have to be from the draft. I know there are a few nearby in Kendall Wright, Jeff Fuller and Ryan Broyles. I haven't gotten a chance to see UT play much this season but I think they have a projected first rounder.
    Yep. I don't see why he would mention a few days if surgery was an option.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Probably deciding if they should just go ahead with surgery to have a better shot of him actually being back before the playoffs, or just seeing how it heals without surgery.

20. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member