1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Multiple News Outlets are calling AJ's Injury a Hamstring Injury...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RedRedemption, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Moss flat-out QUIT on 2 teams last season that brought him in on good faith. Instead of appreciating the opportunity he was being given, he decided to be an absolute piece of trash, and give those teams the finger. I hope he never sees another NFL field again after that. T.O., if healthy, is somebody I wouldn't mind bringing in however. Even though he is a diva, the one thing he does do is play hard. He has no problem going across the middle, he blocks down-field, and he buys into systems, as long as the team is a tightly-run organization.

Ultimately though, I just want Andre back healthy. Get well quickly, big fella. We need you!!

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Tate churned up about 100 yards a game in Foster's absence. We put up 34, 23, and 33 without him.

I'm going to need to see this team hum with Johnson out of the lineup, because his absence has typically poured water in the offense's gas tank.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think losing Andre will hurt us more, because we don't have a #2 wide receiver we can count on to get 100 yards per game like Tate did when Foster was down.

In fact, I dont think Walter or Jacoby had a single reception last game!

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i always was frustrated when people would want to sign the next washed up wr every offseason. i always thought we didn't need that guy. now without andre, i may have to change that opinion

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Without Andre there's no way to punish defenses for stacking up against the run. And not even Foster can run against such a defense as was evident in the 2nd half of last game. Losing Foster hurts the effectiveness of our offense. But without AJ, our offense loses is identity.

That said, there's no way to correct this issue within the season. I think we're quite close to the cap, so trading for a veteran for a draft pick seems out of the question. But if our defense continues to play well, I think we are set at enough positions to spend a 1st round pick on a receiver. Assuming of course there's no stud DT or corner on the board at that pick.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

By the way, I'm cautiously optimistic that the MRI wasn't anything bad, considering it was taken last night and we still haven't heard any news. Obviously Kubiak will give an update at his 3:30 day-after presser, but if it were catastrophic, someone would have spilled the beans somewhere.

My guess is that it's like the Foster injury - a nagging strain that will probably sideline Andre for 3-4 weeks. That said, they'll call him "day to day" and keep the situation under wraps as best they can.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Two of the games without Andre last year (not counting the Jags game because they pretty much folded):

@Oakland, week 4: 192 yards passing, 249 yard rushing. Leading receivers were Dreessen 5/73/TD, Foster 3/56/TD, Walter 4/35 (remember no Arian for 1st q)

@Denver, week 16: 310 passing, 91 rushing. Leading receivers were Daniels 8/73/1, Jacoby 5/115, Foster 4/44, Dreessen 3/33

The air game will still be there, just more use of the Jumbo dual TE packages, and more games with 25+ touches for Foster. There will have to be Jacoby sightings, so I hope he's preparing.

8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

well i doubt you'll see too many 30 carry games from foster, and you might be taking AJ for granted a little there. Wait until we're playing catch up and forced to go mostly passing game, you'll realize we dont have any receivers who can stretch the field or catching clutch passes like johnson. Just look at what jacoby and walter did yesterday, exactly NOTHING.

9. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Well, he should. We've got like 20 of 'em on the team.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm surprised there haven't been 30 different tweets from 30 different "inside sources" saying OMG ANDRE IS DONE FOR THE YEAR!!!!!!!!1111 by now.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I must know the status of the amount of anti-awesomeness on Andre's hammy.

12. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Kubiak's press conference in less than 30 minutes. Always curried live on 610.

13. The Cat

"Still in the evaluation process"

In other words, the MRI didn't show anything catastrophic. Just a routine strain/tear (whichever you want to call it), which will take visiting a few experts and additional time to put a realistic timetable on.

14. The Cat

"He's going to miss some time. I don’t know if that’s 3 or 4 days, I don’t know if that’s a few weeks." - Kubiak

15. Raven

Raven Member

What The Frack

:confused:

16. RedRaiderRocket

I don't know if it is something new but the part that he said they are seeing multiple opinions is never a good thing. Hoping for the best maybe missing 2-3 games.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

"The doctors are battlefighting. They're gonna get this thing fixed. But it's on me, guys."

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

"Andre's hamstring has to get better from within."

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'd be shocked if he's playing in the Ravens game. I'm guessing he'll miss a few weeks.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Not necessarily. So soon after the injury, there could be enough inflammation that the MR wasn't conclusive. Need a good clean look at the hamstring to know for sure.

I'm hopeful he may return for the Titans game, but this could be a 6-week doozy.