1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Multiple Attacks Roil Paris; President Hollande Is Evacuated From Stadium

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Trying to decide if they would make that claim right away if they were legit.

It seems too orchestrated for them not to be though.

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Welcome to The Religion of Peace...

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What does this mean, "tried to get in"? They didn't have tickets? Their Kalashnikovs set off the metal detectors?

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It was during the game I think, they tried to get in by shooting and throwing grenades.

5. bmd

bmd Member

The attackers are Syrian.

There is a long history since WWI with France and Syria. The Syrians do not lilke the French. Terrorists, of course, take it to the absolute extreme and blame everything on the French.

I'm sure that's what it's about more than anything. Kind of like how Bin Laden and Al Qaeda hate the U.S. for what they see as meddling in their affairs, occupying their land, etc.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

How exactly do you even semi-elegantly stop this cancer from spreading?

Other than ending poverty and educating people I can't really see a valid solution to be found. Especially one that could be enacted by a single government.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#BREAKING">#BREAKING</a> Around 100 dead in attack on Paris concert venue: police</p>&mdash; Agence France-Presse (@AFP) <a href="https://twitter.com/AFP/status/665321462442528768" data-datetime="2015-11-14T00:12:52+00:00">November 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Many of these terrorists are extremely well-funded, educated and nowhere near poor, it isn't about poverty.

You can't really do anything at this point, I think.

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ya, seems pretty obvious that they were trying to get into the stadium. If you're going to suicide attack, you generally go for more than 3...and if what I've heard so far, that there were 3 deaths from 2 suicide bombers, than perhaps only 1 person died -- maybe the ticket taker? An officer? Who knows at this point. It's possible someone saved a lot of people. I wonder if they had vests on, and went through the metal detectors, if that could cause it to blow up...anyways those are just things I thought of.

Apparently President Hollande was in attendance. This could have been so so so much worse.

10. ling ling

ling ling Member

100+ in the concert hall.

11. jacoby

jacoby Member

Killing a few thousand terrorists and millions of innocent civilians will surely restore the good faith lost between the Middle East and America.

I say nuke 'em twice! @EddieWasSnubbed

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He was in attendance, but his death would've been nothing compared to thousands of dead people in the audience.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This is true, but I believe that's the best way to tackle the problem, because you can't simply just erase the Abrahamic faiths from the face of the Earth.

14. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Neanderthal cowards.

15. FaBo

FaBo Member

Can't be sure. It was on German television. The sports reporters and the German national team are still in the stadium. Apparently some French players told some German players that the terrorists tried to get into the stadium, and the German players in turn told the reporters. What that means exactly can only be speculated.
    It would make sense though: It can't be a coincidence that those attacks not only occur at the same time the game is taking place, but also in close vicinity of the stadium. There were thousands in the stadium and millions watching, making it an ideal target for the terrorists. From their point of view, of course.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Oh no doubt, that was the main reason I was saying so so so, not simply because of the President's attendance. HOWEVER, an assassination of a President would certainly bring the attack to another level.

9/11 was terrible. 9/11 would have been incomprehensible had Bush been killed as well.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

True, but I think it would've turned into a full-blown war either way.

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

100 on top of the 60 speculated to be deceased?

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING NEWS: The death toll in the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ParisAttacks?src=hash">#ParisAttacks</a> have been raised to 162. Hundreds are injured.</p>&mdash; TheAnonMessage (@TheAnonMessages) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAnonMessages/status/665324521004515328">November 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ok so Paris Sky News just mentioned what I was just thinking. Who committed the other attacks? Did the guys who attacked the club hit the restaurant first? And what about the other locations?

All we know thus far is the three attackers at the club are dead.