1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MTV shows "Date my Mom", "Parental Control", "Next", "Exposed", "Room Raiders"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

there's even a french version of next now,haven't seen it tough!

2. brooksstephens

all of MTV's show are absolutely HORRIBLE.... I don't understand how they get any ratings at all.. I guess that just speaks to how retarted my generation has become.

3. brooksstephens

BET does have some shows worth watching. Both the Beef series and the American Gangster series are very entertaining.

but MTV is just the corniest, most horrendous channel I've ever witness. They can't come up with any good material, so they resort to showing homosexuals having sex in all their shows, because there are perverts out there love that.

Oh and how could I forget the infamous "Yo Mamma" series. If anyone here has ever so much as chuckled while watching that show... I question your manhood.

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

During the week MTV shows the most boring shows ever created and then to top it off, they give us a weekend of non-stop America's Top Model. Who cares about models? especially 7 foot tall manly looking ones with Shaq sized feet.

MTV is for people with the attention span of a peanut.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I just recently discovered that I have two MTV channels. Wasn't MTV2 the channel that was supposed to show videos that, otherwise, didn't get a lot of airtime? ****, I remember being totally excited when my girlfriend called me up to tell me that MTV2 was playing a Brainiac video (this was about 10 years ago). I was completely floored and actually considered subscribing to the channel. Now it just seems like a re-run station for the other MTV ("Cribs" was playing when I discovered it).

The problem with MTV is not the audience, it's the parents of the audience. "Tweens" (I think that means kids between 11 and 14 or 15 or something) have so much spendable cash now (or their parents are so willing to indulge their whims) that MTV is prospering off of little kids' pocket money - and, because of that, their programming is increasingly designed to appeal to that demographic - 11-14 year old kids with over-indulgent middle-class parents.

I never watch it, except when I happen to glance two TVs to the left at the gym, and no one I know watches it. It's kids watching it.

I don't have kids, and I don't particularly want any - but parents, please ... please ... get that **** off of your television and out of your kids' heads before they grow up and go into the world as the most obnoxious douchebags that any generation has ever spawned.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of them are actors are struggling actors.

I enjoyed Next for a while, it was entertaining for a bit.

7. tulexan

tulexan Member

MTV has really gone downhill. I think the only show on the channel that is entertaining is Rob and Big.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You obviously haven't seen The Hills.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

play some god damn music videos.

I wished I had a billion dollars so I can create my own music television network.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

He means the part where the mtv crew shows up to grab the contestants from their apt/house and take them to the van. Its so obviously scripted just like everyother thing on the stupid channel.

Please add the stupid tila tequila show to the title of the thread. That nasty w**** makes me want to puke and I can't believe MTV put on her show and actually renewed it for a 2nd season. Actually I can, Its MTV.

11. ferrari77

Counting Crow, Good find on the Kaylee Sanchez thing.
    I can't believe I never heard of nor seen her. Damn.

I don't think I've ever seen an overbite made sexy like that. ;)

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I subscribed to an extra tier of cable to get BET Jazz. Now, they renamed it BET J and they don't show jazz anymore. :(

13. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Boy MTV sure has come a long way since the 80's... or early 90's (when I started watching it). I don't really know anyone who still watches that trash. I don't know how anyone can watch that and not get a headache. Anyways, just typing this up fills me up with such hatred towards that channel, so I'm gonna stop.

14. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

That's funny you should mention that. I was listening to Jim Rome on Friday. Apparently he's got some guy on his crewnow that was from Real World Chicago. Rome called him an actor. He name is Kyle Brandt and he's also an actor. Rome was playing some of his clips on the show. It was pretty funny.

This is him from some soap opera he appeared in:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wKBtUYSiks&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wKBtUYSiks&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

15. ferrari77

I remember that tool- kyle brandt. RW chicago he was on. He dated lorrie from RW New york 2, she was a fox so naturally i hated the dude.

What does he do on Rome?
    I think they are made for each other anyway, Kyle and Rome- two tossers working together.

16. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

He never really explained it. I'm guessing his acting career isn't going all that well.

17. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Bingo. I shudder to think that there is an entire generation being brought up on this bile (for the record, I'm not one of the town elders from Footloose).

18. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

I use to watch it in 3rd/4th grade when they played Beavis and Butthead. But not for the Music Videos.

Shut up, Beavis!

19. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

That Kardashian show sucks too. What thadeus said was spot-on...the kids that grow up eating this **** up will turn out to be the biggest b****es/douchebags ever. I really don't understand why people are so in love with "The Hills" and other bs fake reality shows. Count how many times the girls/guys say LIKE. I counted for 5 minutes one time and it was over 25.

20. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

i miss the old mtv from the 80's. Non stop videos, etc.