1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mozilla CEO controversy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ferrari77, Mar 31, 2014.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

First of all, being gay is not a belief. Being gay is natural and inherent, something one does not have control over.

Find a better analogy.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

are you talking about Commodore who is choosing Chrome and hopefully not IE because of this?

Because I happily use Firebug once in a while when it's useful for me, as the vast majority of Firefox employees are awesome people. And look, they managed to get the CEO to leave, demonstrating their core value of non-discrimination to all for access to the web :)

The funny thing about this is that you believe in the same thing Commodore does, you'd have to boycott the Internet.

3. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

He is not an owner? One of the heads of the company is not a stock holder and does not stand to profit from the continued profitability of that company? Well, that's completely not true.

And reverse discrimination? Ha! Alright, from now on, I don't ever want to see you and your kind criticize whiny liberals from being obsessed with playing the victim card. Liberals are annoying, but watching rich white males cry about reverse discrimination the last decade or so is much worse. Just pathetic. Your conservative forefathers would laugh at your whining sniveling nonsense.

And, where is the persecution? People, who are free to shop and buy wherever they want, decide to boycott a company who is led by and who is going to pass large compensation to someone whose politics they disagree with. They don't want to contribute to someone they disagree with's continued success. Isn't that the capitalism your kind worships.

And for you to compare that sort of action to bigots who lynched, murdered, railroaded and disenfranchised others is ridiculous. Shameful, disingenuous, partisan nonsense.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's actually completely true. Mozilla Corporation is a taxable entity, but it is 100% owned by the Mozilla Foundation, a non-profit. Mozilla Foundation vows to invest 100% of the Mozilla Corp profits in its projects and never sell shares of the company. So, yeah, Eich doesn't own any of the company.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Supporting gay marriage is a belief. This is the subject at hand, not whether being gay is natural and inherent. Please keep up and leave the word twisting to Fox/CNN/NSNBC/Rush.

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Well, I stand corrected.

I would imagine that, as one of the company leaders, he stood to be well compensated in the event of company success, no? So, thanks for clearing up my mistake there, but I think the fact that he would be well paid if he was part of the leadership team that led the company to success is a parallel and similar situation as ownership.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

NYT: Intolerance in the Name of Tolerance

8. Major

Major Member

In other words, this wasn't particularly accurate at all:

9. tallanvor

why not? When have those fighting for gay marriage ever fought for equality for single people and polygamists? This didn't speak to that at all. It simply spoke to this act hurting the cause of gay marriage.

10. bmd

bmd Member

Intolerance - unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.

They can't just let him be and let him have his own opinions. They want to vilify him for it and get him fired.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

In such a time of turmoil where countries are facing life or death situations for their people everyday it seems gay marriage and gay issues is given more importance than everything else.

Even news of the guy who exposed a govt coverup of child abuse seemed like it was a lesser outcry, given less significance, than all things lgbt.

12. tallanvor

You really think Obama or the Democrats want to discuss the economy or healthcare before this election?

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

100% champ

In case you haven't noticed, the ACA just went into positive approval and the unemployment rate is the lowest since Bush left office.

#153 mc mark, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol- so if I opened a restaurant serving DELICIOUS ssusage - and I called it "Space Ghost is an epsilon semi-moron who is the product of a bestial union between Karl Malone and a roofied sow" -

- you would base your consumption decision solely on whether or not you enjoyed wrapping your lips around my succulent, delicious sweet brown sausage.

15. tallanvor

wait what?

Its not a debate mark. Democrats are running from the healthcare law and the economy in this election year.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/vulnerable-democrats-obamacare-affordable-care-act-2014-elections-105254.html

16. bmd

bmd Member

[​IMG]

17. mc mark

And Romney wins in a LANDSLIDE!

18. tallanvor

before you said 'the ACA just went into positive approval'. After being shown you are way wrong, your argument is what? Polls don't matter? Could you clear up what you mean by Romney wins in a landslide?

19. mc mark

The more people know, the more they approve. I hope republicans try and take healthcare away from 17 million people (and growing).

Popularity For Obamacare Hits All-Time High In Latest ABC/Washington Post Poll

In this most recent poll, 49% of Americans responded that they supported the ACA. Meanwhile, 48% said they were not in favor of the law. While this is hardly a huge difference, it does mark the first time that the poll has shown a net positive for the law in terms of popularity. Once before, in July 2012, the poll showed it even at 47-47. This also represented the overall high water mark for the law in this particular poll. The previous high was 48% in November 2009.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If it was good clean food, why would I care about the title of a restaurant?

But as usual, you're running off on nonsensical and hypothetical tangents to try to justify your point.

Keep them coming!