1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MOVIES] Star Wars Episode I: The Pantom Menace 3D 2012

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Feb 7, 2012.

1. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

OK, sorry, I got you wrong. After seeing so much exaggeration in this thread and other places, I've been conditioned to expect sarcasm.

The plot is simple, which is why I find it so tiresome when people who say they've seen the movie 10 times claim they can't understand anything.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea I feel you, I was 100% honest.
    When I said "It's not that they had ...." I stressed out political things that would've made it complex, so I wanted to point out that they left out everything that could make it complicated and reduced the plot to a very simplistic background. Not understanding it makes me question some people here.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The only thing cool about Episode I was Darth Maul. Everything else sucked.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Co-sign. And the pod races.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I like 3D, I liked the first movie because I was able to filter out the garbage and enjoy for the good.

I might go see this but my problem with it is while this movie was the last one shot in 35mm (good), all of the special effects are 1080P. So the original resolution is lost and 2K or 4K or ACTUAL 35mm (resolution) projection is impossible. If you go see this in a legit IMAX 3D, you will see the poor resolution. 1080 is good for your 60" TV, not so much for IMAX. People hate the new digital IMAX because it "ONLY" uses a 4K projector.

Lucas tries to base his reputation on improving technology and the experience but his products are actually subpar technically in addition to however you feel about the art side of it. He is behind the curve big time in digital.

Just look at Dark Knight, they shot it in actual film IMAX which destroys digital IMAX and makes 1080P look like streaming video from 1996.

1 person likes this.
  6. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

I heard there's a new villain
    [​IMG]
    ;):grin:

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I just bought the 6-movie remastered set on BluRay. And I have a 133" projector screen. And I'm not big on the 3D thing. So no... I'll enjoy it at home in my underwear.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

In the same resolution as at the theater. But likely with a brighter and more clear picture.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

is it weird that i never cared about Star Wars?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great points and can't really argue with any of them.

Now this I could get excited about. Might end up hating it, but would like to see an attempt made by Scott.

11. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Haha, notice how Darth Maul is the most prominent part of the movie poster. And the suckiest part of the movie - kid Anakin - is nowhere.

12. Isabel

Isabel Member

I really want to see this, if I don't feel too guilty about spending money on 3D movie tickets when we're also trying to buy a house and prepare for a baby. I will wait for a few reviews to see if the 3D adds anything at all - usually when it is added to already existing movies, I come away disappointed in that aspect of it.

I don't have the hate for episodes I-III that a lot of people do; in fact, when watching them at home I usually end up choosing one of these. It was like a Star Wars for our generation; by the time we were old enough to watch or understand movies, the other ones were out on video for us to grow up with, but in the case of these we were there for the beginning. Of course there was some bad acting, but that's true throughout the series.

It's Lucas's creation; if he wants to tweak it he can. I know some people don't like change, or don't agree with certain parts of his vision for it.... though it seems to be the case with almost every author/moviemaker. It's hard to completely agree with every aspect of what someone has created.

and even Jar Jar >>>>>>>>>>>>> Ewoks.

1 person likes this.
  13. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

i remember seeing this on dvd. One of the most boringest movies. Ever.

14. The Real Shady

No way. At least the Ewoks couldn't speak.

15. The Real Shady

Exactly. Only 5 minutes of the movie was great.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/14GUUVpcETU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

I agree. I was a 90s kid so I didn't go into the prequels with years or decades-old notions about how they should've been. I enjoyed them all and think they combine with the original trilogy to tell a really nice story about redemption and generational change.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Whoaaaaa, that screams for a ban.

1. You choose episodes I-III, without having a gun pointed at your head or somethin like that????!!!!!

2. Bad acting in the IV-VI. That's blasphemy, it had the GOATest cast of all time. Aspiring actors should have these episodes on rewind and take notes on all the great acting, EVERY SINGLE STORMTROOPER IS MY HERO. These guys completely rocked it. same with rebellion soldiers. And the Ewoks/Jawas have to be some of the best actors of all time, they weren't allowed to speak but put so much emotion and talent into their roles that they actually made you understand their deepest concepts of life.

3. I'm not even going to comment on that one, see point 2.
    I mean, do you remember this guy????!!!!!
    [​IMG]

This dude was an idol to generations.

Conclusion: I think it justifies a ban or loss of all your rep.

18. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I hated the Ewoks (I laugh when they die). Does that make me a bad person? Probably.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What?!?!? That is OUTRAGEOUS.

Just kidding, man. I dig your passion.

I don't think the prequels were as bad as most people say either. I get a kick out of watching how Palpatine slowly comes to power. Ian McDiarmid's performance in all 3 prequels is worth me watching them every time they come on. Probably the best acting in all 6 movies.

"And you, young Skywalker; we shall watch your career with great interest."

Probably the most profound line in the entire saga.

20. VanityHalfBlack

think id rather scrape my dick round in broken glass...