1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MOVIES] Star Wars Episode I: The Pantom Menace 3D 2012

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Feb 7, 2012.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Hey, hey, hey... cool it with that kind of language... my daughters are mentioned here, sir. :grin:
    The negotiations WERE short. :eek:

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I do too, but not if it is directed by george lucas.

3. Kronos

Kronos Member

When he dies, i'd like to see guys like Nolan and Speilberg and Abrams and other big directors that love SW to direct their own starting from 1-9 with the original concept art as the look and feel of the movies.

http://io9.com/5568011/ralph-mcquarrie-god-of-star-wars-concept-art

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Complete reboot. Even, sad as it would be, a new composer. Sorry John Williams :(

4. arjun

arjun Member

star wars...sucks

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ppjHWa_9OeE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Very interesting ideas.

[​IMG]

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

The Force Unleashed (video game) takes place between III and IV.

Someone should stand right outside the theater door where TPM is playing and slap everyone going in. (Let people going out pass unscathed, though.) MIDICHLORIANS!!!!!1111

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Episode I and II were kinda wack. I want remakes of IV-VI.

9. what

what Member

how many versions can he do? I'm glad I got over my star wars obsession when I was still a kid. Some of you all live and die by George Lucas. Not I.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I went to see the original Star Wars in 1977, at the first showing on the day it opened. That day, when I walked out of the theatre marveling at what I'd just seen, with a spring in my step and plans to see it again, I never dreamed that Star Wars would be reduced to this. Just another ploy to rack in some more cash. You would think I'd know better, but I'll end up seeing this "version" as well.

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Prequels. :(

When he's old enough, my son is going to see the Star Wars movies in the proper order.

Star Wars
    Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi

....and that's it.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And hide the 4th Indiana Jones from him, his life will be great.

13. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

Man, I wish people would stop harping on these kinds of things on the internet. I myself have some problems with the movie (didn't like Jar Jar, thought Obi-Wan was underused), but a lot of the fanboy complaints are so exaggerated that they sink into self-parody.

The trade dispute was practically a MacGuffin that the movie never focused on, apart from an initial reason for there to be a conflict. The blockade is well, an act of war in a movie called Star Wars.

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Screw this. I want to see BLADE RUNNER in 3D. Managed to see a crappy Blade Runner 2D to 3D conversion on my tv and it was good enough for me to want to see it in Real 3D conversion.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's just weird that Lucas made the movie for kids (not fanboys) and then uses some complicated plot not everyone understands. I've seen TPM maybe 4 times (and probably never again) and I'm not sure I could tell you exactly what the plot is.

I'm not a fanboy. There's a lot stuff I never noticed, or cared to notice, about the prequels until I watched the Plinkett reviews but those reviews did a great job of deconstructing what's wrong with those movies.

16. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

It is a kid's movie, and the plot is prettysimple. I was a 14 year old when I first saw it, and I understood it just fine.

The Trade Federation uses force to get its way in an economic dispute, the details of which had nothing to do with the movie (seriously, they basically stop talking about the trade taxes within the first minutes). They decide to rush their plans and invade the planet after the Jedi come in and scare them. The Republic is too corrupt/useless to do anything about it even though the Trade Federation is blatantly lying, so the Jedi and the queen go back and kick their asses.

17. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

BTW, the "Plinkett" reviews are terrible, and the guy doesn't have a point at all. He literally substitutes incoherent monotone rambling in place of actual criticism. I find it embarassing as a SW fan that this is the kind of guy who people look to as a supposed voice of reason.

This is a guy so surreal that he actually claimed that the Jedi had no reason to think there was an invasion going on, after seeing the invasion and being attacked themselves. Like I said, self-parody.

Even if you absolutely hate TPM (and everyone is entitled to their opinion), you can do better than this "Plinkett" weirdo.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Same here, I was 10 when this movie hit the theaters here and I had no problems understanding the plot.
    It's not that they had vetos, resolutions, other republics interfering or b!tchin, 3rd parties involved that had other secret plans, etc.

Economic dispute->trade blockade-> invasion->war. What's so difficult to understand? :confused:

19. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

Are you being sarcastic? Because if you are, then this, especially the part I bolded, is an example of making something out of nothing.

Economic disputes often lead to war. Blockade, invasion, and war are all parts of conflict...you know, "war."

And you talk about political resolutions, when the movie was pretty clear that the Republic is broken and absolutely useless. Kind of like the Arab League in real life, which needs to send "observers" into Syria to confirm the killing that everyone already knows is happening, or the UN which can't even get its crap together enough to verbally condemn Syria.

Again, I have my own problems with the movie. I just wish people would be honest enough to just say they don't like the plot, or the acting. Instead of exaggerating problems or falling back on memes.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Where am I exaggeratin? I commented on some statements that people don't seem to understand the plot, which is pretty simple in my opinion.