1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MOVIES] High School Musical 3: Senior Year

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Oct 24, 2008.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i'm watching this movie on sunday. :)

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Saw it tonight with the wife and kids... it's better than you might think.

Chick flick sure, but then I've been secure about my manhood for many years now.

It's no more of a stupid flick than Grease was... for a new generation.

More special effects in this one.

But, like any other trilogy, the second one was the better of the latter two.

Kam, you're gonna love it, methinks. ;)

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ok.

I enjoyed the first one first, then this one, then the second one third.

It kicked ass.

I'll post my thoughts later tonight.

It's a great movie. Great family movie.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Saw it Friday afternoon. I was pleasantly amazed it had great coreography and that singing numbers had enough substance to consider this to be one of the good--maybe best--of the recent musicals.

It's no Chicago, but if we're comparing apples to apples, it IS close to GREASE in terms of target audience and hitting the mark. It's got plenty of, as IROC It says, special effects as it delivers.

It's an up-and-down dealing-with-high-school-friends-and-parents movies. I give it an 8. I highly recommend this as a family movie. See it with your daughters AND sons. :cool:

No spoilers here, but I did find a few mistakes.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'm still trying to figure out if this is a joke thread with lots of sarcasm or is everyone being serious? :confused:

6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Looks like someone needs to secure their manhood.

;)

7. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I haven't seen the whole sequel. Maybe I will when I have little girls.

Ashley Tisdale looks better with blonde hair, IMO.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ok, because everyone wants my thought.

I thought the movie was entertaining. It had some cheesey parts. There were some life lessons learned in that movie. Trust your heart.

Songs I liked Now or Never.

Can I have this Dance was great.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lW-1Ytwn4a4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lW-1Ytwn4a4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The part with Sharpay was awesome. She rolls in a pink Honda S2000. Pretty hot. It was very fast and the furious.

The songs werent as good as in the past, but its still good.

The best line in the movie was about Gabriella, and how before she came to that school, it was totally different. People stayed in certain cliques and stuff. You know. Brains with the brains. Jocks with the Jocks. Theater with the Theater. You know, kind of like a real high school. But when she came there, things changed. For the better. She was set to leave already for Stanford. East High wasn't ready for her to leave though. That was too smooth.

When they announced where they were going for college,
    I had a feeling either Ryan or Kelsi would get the Juilliard Scholarship over Sharpay. I had a feeling that Troy would not go to UofA, and go somewhere else. Didn't think it would be Cal, but it was Cal. Chad ends up going to UofA.

I'm glad that certain people got more bigger roles and songs in the movie. Glad to see Ryan get some good screen time. I'm happy that he is officially out of his sisters shadow.

I'd like to see a High School Musical Reunion in ten years.

I'd love to see
    Taylor as a US Senator. Ryan and Kelsi doing broadway work or something. Sharpay ending up being the drama teacher. Zeke as a chef on a tv show. That other dude with the hat just hanging around East High. Martha as... Hell I don't give a **** about her. Chad playing in the NBA. Gabriella, hell if I know. A lawyer? Troy, playing in the NBA also, but has a career ending injury, and now acts.
    I wonder how much money that would cost.

FINALLY. The Good stuff. My thoughts on Vanessa Hudgens.

I think she is a great actress. Sure, she's not the greatest actress, but she's good. just check this one scene in HSM1 where she actually has tears flowing down her cheek. Wasn't the fake stuff, that was her own tears.

man. she looks fantastic in white. BUt the scene with her that made my draw drop to the floor... It was during Sharpay's song, when she Wanted it All. (which is the name of her song). They had the rest of the cast dress up in other stuff, like a taxi driver, and butler, and maid and **** like that. Vanessa was in a maid's outfit. I let out a Holy Crap in the theater. But her color is white. she looks damn good in white.

Yeah, 40 million in the us, 40 million worldwide for a total of 80 and change.

:(

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great family movie?
    I would rather watch Eraserhead 57 times.........

You really don't know my family........