1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 19, 2013.

1. mario_v

mario_v Member

I hope this is a sequel or prequel to Xmen: first class and not the first 3 xmen movies. First class was awesome, Last stand was awful.

Who directed First Class? Is he also directing Days of Future Past?

2. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Nope. That's soundtrack is from Sunshine and The Thin Red Line(Zimmer) just like the teaser for MoS.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is the sequel to X-Men First Class, not a prequel to the original X-Men. This movie also exists in an alternate timeline to the original X-Men's universe.

The First Class actors/theme gets a 3rd installment. What it winds up being though, who knows... either all goes well in this movie, McCavoy's Xavier commits to super hero things, they put on colorful spandex costumes and they face off with Magneto or something in the 3rd movie.

Or, maybe they go the Age of Apocalypse route and keep things dark, along the lines of the other Singer movies. If they did that they could still continue with more movies using the same First Class cast.

Either way works for me.

#63 Ziggy, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Matthew Vaughn directed First Class (he also directed Kick Ass). He's credited as a writer for Days of the Future Past.

Why do people hire Matt Vaughn, have him make an amazing movie then not have him do the sequel? So ****ing stupid...

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't know how "alternate" this timeline is, my understanding is Cyclops and Jean Grey are both still dead in this movie (incredibly stupid).

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

This reboot needs a proper Dark Phoenix saga. If they want an epic action superhero like The Avengers(even though the story suck) they need to setup the Dark Phoenix Saga and let the X-Men do battle against the Imperial Guard of the Shi'ar Empire.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, the original X-Men movies and cast exist in their own timeline while their younger versions exist in a different one. Which timeline is "normal" is unknown at this point, I'd lean towards First Class as being the "normal" timeline. This allows them to bring back Jean & Cyclops and continue the series.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you completely eliminate Chris Claremont's space stuff from X-Men lure I still think the franchise is just as strong. There are other stories they can build movies around.

9. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Seriously. I don't really care if they follow the X-Men fanlore. I would be totally ecstatic if they came up with something new and better instead of having to follow the comic. They just need someone who have the balls and creative mind to pull this off.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think you're probably right. I'm still annoyed about them making Havok Cyclops' older brother, or whatever their stupid excuse is. You'd think they'd take this opportunity to retcon their screw ups from the original series (making Cyclops an uber p***y, then killing him off). It's not even that I like the character that much (Iceman has always been my favorite. Did I mention they screwed him up majorly as well?), but he's an original X-man. I guess I'm asking too much.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, we never got a proper X-Men that was true to characters like Cyclops. If Marvel ever gets their hands on the license (they wont) we'd surely be getting that type of reboot. I bet it'd be fun too.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

AvX the movie. Leggo.

Edit: Or Civil War for that matter. That'd be amazing. All wishful thinking, Fox will give up that X-men license about the same time Sony is giving up Spider-man (nevarrrr)

#72 seclusion, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Little underwhelmed by it...some good moments but nothing to get me real excited and wash away the stench of Last Stand and First Class.

Yes I didn't like First Class much at all.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're crazy. I'd argue that movie against any in the series. Last Stand was awful, we agree there.

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

This movie connects First Class to the first three movies. It's a sequel to all 4 movies.

16. ILoveWhiteGirls

That music in this trailer ruined everything.. Why must they bleed out that awful music as if it's some operatic masterpiece or something, f uck!!!! If anything use the original theme music from the series as your trailer background music.

17. So Good

So Good Member

I liked it. The theme of the music itself is a little gloomy and depressing...kind of where Xavier is in the movie.

18. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Trailer breakdown by Empire Magazine, with screencaps and some notes by Bryan Singer. POSSIBLE SPOILERS.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So are they giving the Moody Blues a percentage?

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

Some of the post-apocalyptic costumes look terrible. I'd have to see it all in the context of the movie though I suppose.