1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Apocalypse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. cdain3

cdain3 Member

What happened to Tim Riggins?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He never gets dialogue because he cant remember words I assume and I've never seen him show even the slightest hint of emotion. In Side Effects I thought the twist was going to be that his character was a robot.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When are we getting a trailer for this?

Surprised it wasn't released with ComicCon or shortly after.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They haven't been filming for that long. They had a comic con trailer. I don't think there's any rush considering we just got the Deadpool trailer and that comes out 3 months before Xmen.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is Deadpool owned by Fox? Any chance of any sort of tie in or nah?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There's an X-Man in the Deadpool trailer.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yep...and...what Ziggy said.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah, just didn't know if there would be a storyline tie in or just an X Man here or there. Probably would be better if Deadpool is more on his own since the X Men movie timelines are already confusing enough.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I mean...the tie in is that he was in the Weapon X program like Wolverine. We'll see that in the movie.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Agreed. There was talk of X-Force. Serious talk. So maybe he ends up there and they kind of split the franchises apart a bit, like Daredevil/Marvel.

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

When are they making an Alpha Flight movie? :grin:

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/news/?a=123634

Some other good stuff at the link. If Deadpool is a success (and at this point it looks like it's going to be quite popular, at least among the internet crowd), I'm guessing Deadpool 2 would happen first. I heard the same thing about X-Force, I think if you have Cable and Deadpool ready you're pretty much there.

I'm sure they'll also be watching to see if Suicide Squad is successful since it would presumably have a somewhat similar vibe.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would say that more has to do with horrible writing.

Look what George Lucas did to Ewan McGregor. Generally an above average actor but stoic in Star Wars except maybe the 3rd one just like all the other prequel characters.

14. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Channing Tatum is the male equivalent of Megan Fox. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So, 2 things.

1: The first trailer for X-men: Apocalypse will be in front of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The rumor is so will the first trailer for Captain America: Civil War. I was already going to see Star Wars opening night, now I definitely am.

2: Mystique will have a leadership role in the Xmen. I knew they were going to pull this ****. "We need to get Jennifer Lawrence more screen time!!"

Garbage.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=126858

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

This movie needs Mister Sinister.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hopefully her contract ends and she's out. Forever.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm sure that will happen. Unfortunately, it will also be the end of Fassbender as Magneto

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

While I'm tired of the JLaw momentum, how much of a leadership position are we talking? I certainly hope they don't make her part of the X-Men and she's of similar status to Jean. But if she were merely banding together with the X-Men as an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" type deal to fight Apocalypse, I could stomach that. Mystique shouldn't be a good guy, she should stay an antagonist to the X-Men and I hope Hollywood doesn't mess that up to force more JLaw down our throats.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's all just speculation but the quotes I've heard from Fassbender recently sound like he would be on board to extend the contract. He claimed to be excited about the direction the franchise was heading.

In reality, I think he's just game to cash-in on big money roles. He's still doing his fair share of smaller movies/serious roles, but he's been willing to join big franchises like Prometheus and Assasin's Creed. Unlike Marvel, Fox isn't stingy about paying actors.

Jlaw seems to play "too cool for school" with it. Probably burnt out on Hunger Games and X-Men.

Hopefully Fassbender stays.I'm tired of Magneto as the villain in every film but Fassbender's Magneto is legit.