1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Apocalypse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nothing wrong with that, it means you like character development.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Havok, Angel, and Apocalypse die...technically.

Havok more or less kills himself, it's really ****ing stupid.
    Angel dies in a plane crash, while it isn't entirely unbelievable how he dies -- just think about that for a moment.
    Apocalypse gets vaporized by Jean/Phoenix.

Bryan Singer ftl.

Yes, Bryan. No other movie franchise has ever bounced around in time...except Back to the Future, Bill and Ted, Terminator, Star Trek, and a trillion other movies.

#362 seclusion, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I walked in thinking BvS would be awful. And it was. Like I said, for me, this movie was on par with any other Singer X-Men movie.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

After the whole world saw what Magneto was capable of, they collectively decided to let him be and not piss him off. I can buy that explanation. I think they've learned their lesson to not mess with Magneto anymore.

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

is it racist that i'm tired of all the marvel blue characters? mystique, beast, apocalypse, nightcrawler, nebula, a few in guardians of the galaxy, etc? :confused:

btw, this movie was all over the place. 6/10. and wtf was up with archangel? dude sucked.

#365 OmegaSupreme, May 31, 2016
  6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

For the third movie I have to say that it felt more like the begging of something rather than the end of a trilogy.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Agreed, and Singer is saying it's actually supposed to be the culmination of 6 movies rather than just 3. Not a single thing about it felt final, it felt like another wheel in the cog.

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Looks like there might be room for Mr. Sinister after all! They brought Cyclops in, and he looks to be a main staple now. :)

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Felt final to me. DoFP reeled it all back in because Singer wanted to, this feels like they can re-launch fresh after concluding all of the who is good, who is bad, what direction should the X-Men have pee-pee games. Especially when an emphasis is made that the X-Men never really existed in First Class or DoFP. Now we know they will and have a direction. The next movie will focus on an actual trained team. Not ideas.

#369 Ziggy, May 31, 2016
  10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I see where you're coming from, it just seems to me that you wouldn't introduce as many questions as they did, if it was intended to be an actual final chapter. (and it obviously isn't)

Click at your own peril, but I think you'll be happy.
    They tease Essex corp at the end of the movie, Essex corp is of course Sinister's. A tall suited older man walks through the remains of...well I'll leave that for the movie...but suffice it to say DNA from a certain clawed individual is definitely harvested. There also seems to be DNA from other mutants as well in a briefcase.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well yeah, but BvS was a really bad movie, not an average movie. Average movies can be pushed either way based on expectations or stay exactly the same if average is what you expected.

For me this one was inferior to the 2 before it, but it was watchable. An average flick that seemed better than average to me the first time I watched it due to expectations it would be total crap.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You just said it felt final and then you went on to describe the beginning of something though, lol.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This, it might as well have been call Xmen: A new befogging. I sincerely hope they don't **** up Rogue this time around.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I wouldn't bet on it. Still waiting for a decent Iceman portrayal, considering he's one of the original X-men and every other one is represented...

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

They left Gambit out the last time and Mystique is a good guy, lol. Things wont be the same as the comics.

16. SunsRocketsfan

yup hate how because Mystique is played by hollywood darling Jlaw so she can't be bad anymore.. lame

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...s-mystique-should-get-a-solo-spin-off-a142203

Um...no...and also, **** you.

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Just saw it today and got to say I enjoyed it for the most part. There were some things I didn't like.
    Thankfully the trailers were a bit misleading and they didn't shove JLaw down our throats or center the movie around her. Seems like they even made fun of the fact that she didn't want to put on the makeup.

The horsemen seemed basically useless and not powerful at all to me. Also was hoping Psylocke would at least drag off Angel or something since they hooked up in the comics.

I'd like to finally get a tall Cyclops but whatever.

The wolverine cameo seemed forced, but gotta say I geeked out seeing him in his Weapon X training gear.

Freaking hate that they are having the Phoenix Force come from within her thing again.

Like that they showed off their version of the Astral Plane

Wish they would just let Magneto be a bad guy. I freaking love Fassbender and would watch him in anything even that probably crappy Assassin's Creed movie that's coming out just cuz I love his acting. But unless Charles is going to erase the world's mind it does not make sense for him to be able to kill a bunch of people and then just go on his way at the end, but whatevs.

I think Havoc somehow survived(i don't know how but I'm guessing got caught in the teleporation). I could see him coming back in the X-Force movie and being the leader.

Really loved loved LOVED the costumes at the end. Hits the right nostalgia feels for me and they didn't even look that corny.

The after credits stuff has me very interested in a sequel. I think Sinister will be the perfect villain for them to combat after going against the "superpowered" Apocalypse. Can be done right if you bring in Cable the right way.
    Anyway thats it. Liked it, but didn't love it but I'm in for a sequel

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Enjoyed it. Definitely much better than batman v super man which was like a horrible video game

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I did not like the foolishly costumed God Ra.