1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wolverine: Old Man Logan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 12, 2015.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, "Logan" was a great film. The acting, the story, et al. "Deadpool" was a great movie. Funny, entertaining, and as such, more of a crowd-pleaser / box office draw (when the numbers are all said and done, not that this marks what is and what is not "quality").

But I'm not really on the other side of the fence from you on this one. I do think it might be necessary to re-watch "Deadpool" after "Logan", if just to boost my spirits. It was a fitting last movie in these roles for the actors Stewart and Jackman.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do not forget the X-23 girl. That one was a wild vixen. She has a future.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I doubt she will ever play X-23 again. She looks a lot older in the books. I'd expect a re-cast. Bigger name. Bigger EVERYTHING.
    [​IMG]

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fair enough. Hope she gets gigs in Hollywood or indie movies.

Hollywood is a Child actor factory. #DafneKeen

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That girl was a helluva find. She does have a future in that character (and other films, to be sure).

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Jenifer Lawrence as X23? She can can join Chris Evans and Ryan Reynolds.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's an interesting point.

In a lot of ways the "bad guys" in this movie aren't really bad guys. I mean, think about it, if we lived in this universe, we'd want mutants hunted down too for the same reasons Batman wanted to kill Superman. You simply can't have people running around with that kind of power. Also, the "evil scientist" may have saved humanity when he found a way to prevent accidental mutation in the public by adding stuff to the food everyone eats and drinks that makes the mutant X gene dormant and prevents it from being passed on.

In a world where you had guys like Magneto and Apocalypse murdering untold thousands, I don't think you'd want to take that kind of chance again that some random ******* would get amazing super powers and turn it on the world. Hell, imagine there's another mutant with professor X's powers who just gets old, loses control of his powers and wipes out an entire city full of people.....just not something you can risk.

Also when it comes to hunting down the mutant children, it's sort of like the old time machine question where you ask if you could would you go back in time and kill baby Hitler to stop the holocaust and prevent WW2. For all these people know, mutants like Rictor and X-23 could be nothing but evil killers who go on to indiscriminately murder thousands. The only responsible thing to do would be to hunt them down and stop them as children before they get full control of their powers and become damn near unstoppable.

In some ways, it's an example of how doing something horrific could actually be the moral thing to do.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

**** no. She already has a marvel character anyways. Plus she's white as can be. How old is x23? Maybe Jessica Alba?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Alba is too old at this point, I think the best bet would be to find some new blood and have her as a 20 something.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Can we just cast Hugh as Joel for The Last of Us movie or is it too premature?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Saw it Saturday night, very good film. That ending. :eek:

This also got me excited about Deadpool 2.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Dafne Keen (X-23) says she wants to reprise the role again. Hopefully they allow her too since she was great in the film.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't see why they wouldn't give her another go in the role. She handled the acting parts very well, and she won't be 12 forever. I would lose a lot of my interest if they actually chose to re-cast the part because she was awesome, and I loathe re-casts.

It's creepy to say, but I imagine how "well" she does in puberty will matter a lot to how the company views her future. Teenagers and adults (women in particular) need to be attractive, it's a fact of the industry.

14. Mr. Motiejunas

She definitely deserves another go at the role. Plus her English is much better than it was in the movie. She actually speaks with a British Accent in real life and she let it slip a couple times during the camp scenes.

15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Not creepy but part of the role is the appearance truthfully, She has to develop being both fit and attractive and the role is hers for the next 5 years easy. I was very impressed and she has a definite future in film... went to see it solo Friday and will see it again this weekend with my wife and 17 yo daughter. Can't wait. Movie hit hard but quality as well. :)

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Yes

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Kind of depressing movie. Doesn't x24 have an adamantium skeleton how does he get a hole in his head from the guy shooting him. I think the enemy was kind of week. Also if you are going to clone child soldiers wouldn't you want to clone xavier, magneto, or Jean. They are way more powerful mutants. Xavier by himself could take out an entire army.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

i don't understand your first question.

as for xavier, i think cloning him would practically be suicide for the organization. how do you control a mind? the kid would use it against the organization. unless they can make the kids stupid like cyborg-wolverine.

JeffB and Pen15clubber like this.
  19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Saw it last night. The feels! How are you finally going to give me the wolverine movie I deserve right before jackman retires! Need moaaaar

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the answer for this is partially due to what you just said

"Xavier by himself could take out an entire army"......well that's EXACTLY why you wouldn't want to clone mutants that powerful, there would be no way of controlling them at all, they could take out you and your entire army of bodyguards before you could react. Hell Wolverine would be hard enough to control as is.

As to the rest of your post, in this world, for whatever reason adamantium bullets can pierce adamantium sculls as happened in the first Wolverine movie. It's really really stupid, and X24 wouldn't be dead if they were going by the same rules, but he would potentially lose his memory like Logan did.