1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] War for the Planet of the Apes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

(I'm extremely pleased that they are continuing to make these movies. )

Release date: July 14, 2017

Link

In ‘War for the Planet of the Apes,’ the third chapter of the critically acclaimed blockbuster franchise, Caesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally brings them face to face, Caesar and the Colonel are pitted against each other in an epic battle that will determine the fate of both their species and the future of the planet.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After the past two movies, I have absolute and total faith in this movie. They were both incredible and affecting in ways I was not expecting. Can't wait for this one.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Loved the first two movies...excited for this one

4. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Can't wait for all the Harambe jokes....

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ditto this. Great job on the first two.

6. hvic

hvic Member

Looks good but I still need to watch the last one before this comes out

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Watch it. Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes is fantastic from start to finish. This whole series is how you reboot a franchise.

I really like the talk of Andy Serkis continuing to play different characters after Caesar's story is finished. He has the range and it's motion cap, so it makes sense to keep the GOAT of that on as new character leads for as long a they can.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The plot leaves me in a bind. Caesar's been a great protagonist, but if this fight is really to determine the fate of both species, I don't want the colonel (and humanity) to lose.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wasn't a huge fan of the 1st move -- I liked it, but the 2nd movie was really good -- much better than the 1st IMHO. Hopefully the new movie follows this trend.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hail Caesar!

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Looks like it will have some good comic relief mixed in. Doesn't take itself too seriously.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, I liked the second. The "bad ape" (forget his name) taking out the tank crew and riding the tank in 270 degrees panorama shot was a cool shot. The first one was...I don't know, too cute, and James Franco looked like he only showed up for the paycheck. I mean, he did NOT give a ****.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Well f' Caesar. He's going Tom Herman. I know we are going to lose this war so that Marky Mark can land on an ape filled planet, but I am rooting for the humans so let' nuke them back to before the monolith.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Woody!Woody!

16. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

While these movies are well made, and well acted... I just think they are stupid. For some reason I find it really hard to suspend belief long enough for it the be plausible. I'm not sure why, just something about it is so ridiculous to me.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

how long until we get to see the apes standing up right and moving like humans?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is because it is Sci fi, but there are scientific articles on the web that said most primates' jaws are not built for speaking.

Other primates' jaws could do the job, but they lack the brains to do it.

#18 daywalker02, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm looking forward to it, I like how some of the shots have an Apocalypse Now feel to them......

Woody can play crazy pretty well, so I think he'll be interesting in this.......

20. SonofSatoshi

SonofSatoshi Member

I'm going to have to check this one out when it comes out in July, I dug the first and liked the second film even more but then I've been a fan of these since I was a kid watching the reruns of the original films on Channel 39 way back when.