1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MOVIE] The Hunger Games

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SunsRocketsfan, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Awesome movie! They did a good job on explaining the story but I really feel like the ending was rushed. It was worth losing sleep over though :)

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

One big giant ball of meh.

On a side note: Those Harry Potter movies were effing brilliant.

3. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

"Meh" was the exact word I was thinking of. I understand for the sake of a movie you have to compress and edit and delete some stuff from the book, but man the entire thing was way rushed. I couldn't really feel anything since everything happened so quickly.

4. victorx91

victorx91 Member

Good movie overall, I agree with the ending being rushed. I also didn't like the love story, seemed very forced. Of course, the girlfriend enjoyed it.

5. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

In the book the ending was rushed also. And the love story was not very good either. Did you believe the acting? Was there good chemistry?

2 & 3 will bring out more but both books are rushed.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

what a shame. given it's 2.5 hours they still rushed it? anyway, got tickets for tomorrow at cinema grill. i expecting they're going to overdue the love story so i guess i won't be too disappointed.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

very true, the ending in the book did happen pretty quick. I remember thinking after i finished...did i skip some pages?

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Read the books and must say it should be a good movie. Still, a bit disappointed already in that the characters don't look like they have missed a meal in their life despite the major conflict of the story being that the district residents are hungry.

9. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I have never read the books but based on the opinions here I guess maybe I would have liked it a bit less had I read the books. I just tagged along with the GF and for once actually enjoyed a movie that she wanted to see, haha.

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

from the previews, you'd think Peeta was a personal trainer.

11. SunsRocketsfan

movie is getting some great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes though. I agree the characters dont look like they have a hard life at all. In the books all the districts are struggling to survive.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah personal trainer is exactly what came to mind. Hollywood had to make it sexy for young girls, rather than show what boys struggling to survive would really look like. She would be a lot thinner to. Oh well, hotness must prevail to sell tickets I guess.

1 person likes this.
  13. SacTown

SacTown Member

Would an adult enjoy this movie/book? Or is it just for teenage girls?

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yes to the book. I'm not a female nor a teenager and I thought it was an excellent novel for both sexes no matter the age... not sure though about the movie, but it may be a bit teen romancy because that is what screen plays love to play up.

The story is a dystopian one and that just happens to be a genre I enjoy. Now, if you don't like that sort of stuff -- IE Blade Runner, Logan's Run type worlds -- then this movie isn't your cup of tea most likely. Also, it's a YA novel as well, so the writing is a bit dumbed down, however the story is overall excellent and the book is a hell of a page turner (the first and second at least). Can't wait to see how the world is transposed onto the big screen.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Saw the movie wt gf... confirmed. Book was miles above the movie.

1 person likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

What happened in the ending that was so rushed?

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't get what was rushed about the ending? It was handled pretty much the same way in the book. And Of course the book is better, when is it not better?

I think they did about as good a job as they could getting as much in and having to keep the rating under R.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I heard the LoTR trilogy was better than the book. Aside from them making for great meme's, one can finish all 3 volumes in one sitting of the Return of the King movie.

19. blink

blink Contributing Member

Never read the book but the movie was meh. Character development, action and acting were all meh. Not enough for me to care about the characters and not enough action to carry the movie. Best part was probably visuals and woody Harrelson. Don't know how its getting good ratings

Edit

Well I've lost some respect for rottentomatoes. They called it superbly acted, which is false. And it has better ratings than inception, which is ... laughable. Inception had better action and acting than this movie by so much that it pains me to even mention the two in the same sentence.

#59 blink, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  20. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Saw the movie last night. I have not read the books...my wife has so she told me so things. I really liked the movie and she did too. She said it was close to the book. She admits they did not have some parts but says it would be difficult to have everything because there were a lot of thoughts in the books..

Anyways...good movie