1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MOVIE] The Hunger Games

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SunsRocketsfan, Mar 5, 2012.

1. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I get the feeling that it will be a major aspect of the movie. After seeing how successful Twilight was, I can see this movie trying to become something like that which will try to play towards the emotions of teenage girls.

2. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I think they will because I saw Chris Hanson "Dateline NBC" on the cast list playing the role of himself.

3. SunsRocketsfan

Taratino's Check List for an Awesome Movie
    Extreme Violence to the level of being funny - Check
    Minimum of 8 heads being decapitated - Check
    At least 5 scenes where blood spews from a limb or neck - Check
    Minimum of 20 limbs being chopped off - Check
    At least 100 gallons of fake blood must be used in the movie - Check
    Minimum of 50 deaths dying in unsualy grotesque ways - check

If all the above is met then the movie is one of the greatest of all time :)

4. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I'm pretty pumped to see this movie. I know the books will always be better than their movie adaption but no harm watching them!

Team Peeta. ;)

5. SunsRocketsfan

No team GALE! haha

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I actually just finished this book last night...good book, but the writing is so predictable, it was almost a little annoying. Granted, its not meant to be a complicated read, but still, I found myself rolling my eyes a few times.

Im not sure if I want to continue reading past the first book. I have about 8 other books Ive had on my list for quite some time, so I may go back to the series down the road.

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

About to buy tickets for the girlfriend and I.

Should I go with DBox or the IMAX experience? I've never tried DBox and heard it's kind of a gimmick. What do you guys think?

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The movie looks ok, I question the inclusion of Lenny Kravitz but we'll see.

I agree with the others that it felt very much like a teen girl series but the first book suffers less from that. The second one is actually pretty good as well, it's the third that goes to ****. Unfortunately if you read the second you need to venture into the third as well or so I recall.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm going to Sugarland to see it.

The IMAX off I-10/610 (the real IMAX) won't be showing it on the larger screens. It will only be on the Lie-MAX screens in places like Sugarland, not the real IMAX screens.

As for Lie-MAX versus something like Cinemark RPX, I think Lie-MAX is better.

1 person likes this.
  10. SunsRocketsfan

I would recommend IMAX.. Dbox is fun to try if you havent tried it before but IMAX actually adds to the movie experience with the upgraded picture and sound quality. DBOX doesnt really add anything to the movie but I have used dbox a few times for big releases like Harry Potter because it's assigned seating and its usually right in the middle of the theater. I didnt have to wait 20 hours in line to get the best seats in the house. :)

1 person likes this.
  11. SunsRocketsfan

yup the 2nd book ends with a big cliff hanger..

I didnt hate the 3rd book as much as everyone on here but it definitely was the weakest book which is unfortunate. Thats exactly why I cant believe they are splitting the last book into two movies.. the first part of the last movie is gonna suck

12. Lady_Di

I didn't know that they are going to break the last book into two movies.

At first, I wasn't happy with the casting especially with Peeta but now I think Jennifer Lawrence will do the character good. Woody Harrison as Haymitch will be interesting!

13. SunsRocketsfan

After watching all the clips and trailers I dont have a problem with the casting. Lawrence looks like she will be fine as Katniss. Peeta should be okay too but it's a shame he doesnt have BLUE EYES. That was a huge part in the book. Lenny as Cinna was a bit odd becasue I never imagined Cinna to be black and also I think most readers felt Cinna was Gay eventhough never implied. That made the scene where he sees Katniss completely naked and exposed a bit less awkward.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Is he not gay in the movie?

15. Scionxa

Thanks man. I looked up "lie max" and found a map that shows where the real and fake screens are located. I honestly haven't been to an IMAX since I was kid (luckily, the one I went to was a real one lol) .

16. Scionxa

Thanks for making my decision easy :cool:

17. Lady_Di

Plus, blonde hair.

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

100% on rottentomatoes so far.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been needing out on the movie review and they seem to be pretty good, which I'm happy to hear because I was a little worried....I loved the book

Sucks they had to cut some scenes of the more gruesome things but it's understandable. They just couldnt eliminate so much of the audience by an R rating. That being said, I'm sure there will be some nice extra scenes when the DVD comes out of some scenes that were cut/restricted.

20. VanityHalfBlack

Just picked up this sweet lookin box set today...

[​IMG]