1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Conjuring

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by J Sizzle, Apr 1, 2013.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That movie scared the **** out of me

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

First date for this soon. Apparently she is going to hide her eyes the entire time. It is whatever

3. 713

713 Member

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I ****ted myself watching it.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Stupid ass movie. I can't sleep now. :(

6. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

I havent been scared by a movie in a long time... thinking about seeing it if its actually that good, but worried its all hype lol

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

My gf and I recently went to a haunted house. We were accompanied by one of their employees since finding our way around in total darkness would be hell. We ran through it all screaming, didn't notice much of the scary shiz. Too busy screaming. aint even mad.

8. faraza84

faraza84 Member

It was a lot of hype, not really scary but a decent horror flick lately is hard to come by these days so I give it a B.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't get scared by horror movies, but this movie did give me goosebumps a couple times. My wife couldn't watch half of it, though, lol.

Maybe I'm a sensationalist, but I think this is the most well-made (and possibly best) horror flick I've seen in a long time, possibly ever. It's great because it channels the good from classic horror movies (as in music used to elevate scenes), but still is modern. I'm no film buff, but I like what they did with the whole production.

Although throughout the movie, I kept waiting for someone to ask Roger for those TPS reports...

10. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

I like Insidious and I'm looking forward to The Conjuring.

Here's an interview with Lorraine Warren and James Wan:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gpqmWOa299c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. VanityHalfBlack

^Aussie Asian, interesting...

12. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/02RlRqIhCd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    :grin:

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saw it this weekend, well made film. It borrows a lot from 70s horror films but it does it well, last act is very well done. Slow burn type of movie that really takes it's time building.

14. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Watched it in theaters when I got off work early. Meh. But then again, maybe it was the afternoon heckle the movie crowd that turned the movie off since i had to hear "GIRRRL DONT GO IN THERE" and other various retorts.

Also nothing unexpected, same scary movie script, pause pause suspense suspense BOOM scary face.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Some thoughts on the movie:

There were two spots in the movie where it was soooo convenient that person A showed up to save person B. The dad arrived home just as the mom was trapped in the cellar and the girls were screaming in their rooms, and the investigators arrived him just as their daughter was trapped with Annabelle. Other than those convenient plot devices, the movie was great.

Also, I didn't understand the locket situation between the two houses. So, which entity possessed the doll? Because the homicidal mom ghost possessed housemom, right? And which entity had Annabelle on their lap during that extremely creepy scene?

iirc, they explained the noose death, Rory's death, and the cellar death, amongst other deaths that happened in/around that house. I wonder what the sequel is going to be like.

16. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

seen the last night, really good movie

started looking up the realness of it as soon as i left the theatres
    story of annabelle is crazy, check out the real image of her

[​IMG]

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well just saw it all alone. Pretty spooked, until they started throwing everyone and everything all over the place. Then it got a little too ridiculous. The first two acts was still scary though. Had to do a post-movie fap just to get it out of my head. Also the oldest daughter was hot.

Weird that I have a wooden closet in my room just like in the movie. As long as I don't hear clapping noises, I be good.

18. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Just finished watching it. I think I hid my eyes more than my girlfriend did. Oh the shame :(

I would say you're a perv, but after seeing her pic online, you're absolutely right.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My 9 year old and 5 year watched it with my wife. They didn't think it was scary. My 5 year old keeps wanting to watch it again.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Saw it a few days ago. Was crap. I kept hoping Nite Owl would start kicking some demon ass, but he didn't and the movie overall sucked.

But luckily the tickets were given to me so I didn't have to waste money on this POS.