1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Avengers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 25, 2008.

1. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Link:
    http://www.latinoreview.com/news/-captain-america-donning-new-outfit-for-avengers-13399

2. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

LatinoReview.com Link:
    Exclusive: There is another big time villain in 'Marvel's The Avengers'

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

BRB while I change my shorts

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

YES! Hope its true. Thanos would be PERFECT.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Woah. Awesome!

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I dig....but at the same time have to wonder about how crowded it's going to get when we're looking at

exposition/set up
    possible preliminary dust up with Hulk (reason for the team being put together, if I'm not mistaken)
    Loki getting/using the Cube
    (dealing with Skrulls)
    (dealing with Loki)
    (dealing with
    Thanos....and the Infinity Gauntlet?
    ...unless maybe
    Thanos is reworked as a sort of warlord ruling over the Skrulls

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I would imagine Thanos will simply be a cameo to setup the next Avengers film. It doesn't seem possible for the Avengers to deal with Hulk (even if only for a minute) Loki, The Skrulls AND Thanos, not to mention the Cosmic Cube and the Infinity Gauntlet.

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I get that thought....but the article would make it seem as if he's not a cameo but "a big time villain" in the film.

Also (dropping spoilers at this point)...Thanos was originally all about getting his hands on the Cosmic Cube.

What if by unlocking/using the Cube, Loki unwittingly summons Thanos to come down to Earth?

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The plan was always for 2 Avengers movies though right? I was disappointed to find out that Loki would be such a large part of The Avengers. But if 1 simply sets up 2 then I can see it working. Then again, if Thanos is the main bad guy in 1 I'll be fine.

Thanos doesn't need to be spoiler-ed, he'll be in all of the trailers.

10. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

My prediction:
    - Loki is bent on raining destruction on Thor, Earth, and The Avengers, and uses the cube and the Hulk to do so, because Hulk is the only creature that can stand against Thor.
    - The Avengers need Hulk as well, because they know Banner is a good man and if he can figure out how to control Hulk, he'd be more than a valuable ally.
    - Thor joins/has joined the Avengers because 1) Loki is the bad guy and 2) only Thor can offer any real competition against Hulk.
    - The Avengers succeed in defeating/recruiting Hulk maybe halfway into the movie, and then, as a complete team, do battle against Loki, who in a final bid to Win It All, unleashes the full power of the Cosmic Cube, which creates a rift and/or summons Thanos from some other dimension/part of the multiverse.
    - All hell breaks loose, resulting in a tentative victory for one side or the other, and sets up the next movie.

Of course, I haven't mentioned anything about the Skrulls or Red Skull himself, so I could be totally wrong, but with Loki as a main baddie and the success of the Thor movie, I think Thor will play a larger role in this movie than originally anticipated.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Speaking of Thor's unexpected popularity, you didn't even mention Iron Man, the face of Marvel Studio movies. No way they just stick RDJ in the back somewhere.

12. Lynus302

Which is why I said I might be "totally wrong." There are so many factors:
    - Without Norton and the necessary CGI for the character, will Hulk be less used? I certainly won't say "less important," because anyone who knows anything about the Hulk knows how important the character should be.
    - What about Hugo Weaving as Red Skull in Captain America? Great actor, chief bad guy for Cap....will he play a role?
    - Thor was great, as was Iron Man (though not so much for IM2), and I'm fairly certain Captain America will be as well....will there be a central character to focus on?
    - Nick Fury? Sam Jackson has played bit parts so far....will he remain in the background as well?

The only thing I know for sure is that I have no idea what's going to happen in this movie.

I can't wait. :cool:

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well as long as they don't include any romance in the movie whatsoever, this will be epic. This means no Liv Tyler, Natalie Portman, and Pepper, etc.

I expect something like:
    "*****, Loki got the cube! He bringing bad guys!"
    "Hey Thor's back, wasup? Iron man too? oh hey Capt!"
    "OK let's kill the bad guys y'all!"

All that in the first 5 minutes and then non stop action for the next 2.5 hours.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The final scene (not the bar scene) in the Hulk shows Banner working on controlling the transformation. Since they tied that movie into the Avengers with the appearance of Stark with General Ross in the bar, I'm hoping the writers will tie that in.

I don't think Ed Norton not being in the movie has a thing to do with the screen time Banner/Hulk will have. I love Norton but it's not the end of the world that they replaced him.

I hope they don't make Thanos into a Skrull. Aside from color, he looks like one with the multiple chin divots.

Too bad Doctor Doom is locked up by Fox. He's really one of the biggest villains in the Marvel U and I'd love to see the Avengers duke it out with him.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

THANOS is one of my Fav Villians

The Madd Titan!

Rocket River

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Don't forget that dude from Hurt Locker playing you know who.

17. Lynus302

True, but he'll most certainly be in a lesser role. Or so I would think.

18. tested911

tested911 Member

Ok, just finally clicked on this thread and Thanos is the Villain with the Infinity Gauntlet???

How the Hell will the Avengers be able to stop Thanos with the MOST Powerful weapon known to the Marvel universe (LOL Geeky I know)

I remember reading the Infinity wars back in High School and practically Every Marvel Character didn't stand a chance.. Will Adam Warlock make a guest appearance?

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

The first teaser to Avengers that will come up right after the credits for Cap America.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iMRctX7fZe4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iMRctX7fZe4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Watch it now because pretty sure its coming down SOON.

2 people like this.