1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Avengers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

'like' connotates an approximation...it's 2:22, so by rounding, it's 'like' two hours long.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Loved it...5 stars.

DD

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

LOL you mistaken some of us for having lives.

About to see it a third time in a couple of hours.

4. VanityHalfBlack

The movie itself, yes... The experience, the preparation before the movie starts adds more time to my theater going experience.. Heck it took 30 min to get the projection working and having people cleaning up garage at the screening that a I went to.. This was 10pm screening...

I usually don't go to the movies and these are some examples why:

1. people running up and down the stairs to go to the restroom
    2. Late arrivals
    3. The I still won't shut the **** up even though it's just the trailers people
    4. The guy/gal who eats his snack a little too loud..
    5. The first guy who enters the theaters picks out his seat and several mins later his buddy walks in looking for him so in order for his friend to locate him, he turns on his cellphone as a light detection indicator to locate the seats.
    6. Urine sample
    7. up coming trailers before the trailers
    8. When the lights don't dim at the right moment
    9. Audio out of sync
    10. Popcorn cost like 30 bucks???
    11. Really lame Arcade games that nobody ever plays, like ever???
    12. Now introducing mini Corn Dogs???
    13. Large coke is still $4.50
    14. stabbing of small children after matinee showing...
    15. The projection rarely matching the screen... resulting in a little to a lot of lost picture. What the **** is that about?
    16.. Air conditioning vents aren't turned on!!!!! It gets extremely hot!!!

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

this is how i justify downloading movies illegally

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Just saw it for the 3rd time and finally on Imax. Not really gonna
    it since I assume everyone has GOT to have already seen it at this point. If not, then you probably don't care enough anyway.

The 3D didn't really effect the movie experience for me and at times I got a little dizzy. The good thing about Imax for me is the bigger screen. The beginning was slower the 3rd time around, but the action was still good. Never get tired of all the Hulk moments.

I also got to catch the small details of the movie which I didn't catch the first time around. For example why Capt gave Fury $10, Thanos' assistant having 2 thumbs on each hand, and Ironman calling Hawkeye Legolas before giving him a ride to the top of that one building, among others.

Thank God I saw it the second time because I missed the first 20 minutes of the movie AGAIN. Oh and Loki is an awesome actor. Will see what other movies he's in.

7. Nero

Nero Member

DUDE.

You need to make whoever it is who is making you miss the beginning of the movie just do whatever it is themselves. That is not cool to do that to you.

And as far as the Legolas comment, first time I saw it, I thought he called him 'Lip-Gloss'... which, if I think about it now, isn't a bad line either.. ;)

8. ashiin

ashiin Member

You seem to have pretty ****ty movie theaters.

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

You think it's ok to steal things because buying is such an inconvenience for you?

10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Wow. We got a diva here.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I was just messing with you brah. :cool:

12. Turpis

Turpis Member

After decades of living in a ****hole (not that i don't live here anymore) finally they completely renovated the cinema in our capital city Skopje (Dolby 7.1 with 3D).

I NEVER SAW MOVIE IN 3D AND HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT. I WAS GOING INSANE GUYS IT WAS SO GOOD. JUST WOW.

Anyway Avengers is sold out for a couple of days in advance, the ticket is like 4$ which is solid price for our standards. They've bought the rights for some new movies and we'll have 2-3 days late premiere from the world ones (Man In Black 3, Spiderman, Prometheus...).

Our only way to stay in loop was to download (pirate) the movies but since the renovation, I'm so going to every blockbuster and I'm not gonna feel sorry for the money.

Forgot how good was to watch a movie in cinema.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

no I don't.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

So when the portal was opened, wouldn't the oxygen from Manhattan get violently sucked out into space like in the Alien movies? There was what, a good 100 yards in diameter to that opening?

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

it's a movie about a man in a suit of armor that flies at supersonic speeds, a doctor who turns into a raging brocoli head, a demi-god who wields a hammer of destruction, a soldier with super human strength carrying an indestructible shield and your questioning the laws of astrophysics?

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

yea, i don't get it either. i can understand a second time, but after that the law of diminishing returns pretty much kicks into high gear.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I just thought of it now and I think it would be pretty cool if they had a race against time type of scenario to get it closed before it sucks all of Manhattan out. Maybe Hulk could carve out a large portion of Earth and plug that hole up or something. Besides you can also flush Nick Fury out through that hole.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I wouldn't try that hard with a comic book movie. Besides, throughtout the film, the alien was hanging out, "breathing", talking on the asteroid cluster - it's a different dimension, where space apparently isn't a vacuum. And even if it was, all you have to say is the portal isn't really a gaping hole. It could be one of those weird docking bay permeable force fields from star trek or some other nonsense.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably not. If a dimensional hole like that were to open in the lower atmosphere yes you would get a lot of air sucked into but you have to consider the size of the Earth's atmosphere compared to the hole itself. Also the force of the atmosphere sucking through the opening while extreme at the opening greatly diminishes as you extend outward from the opening. That is why a vacuum hose isn't just sucking everything from your whole house when you vacuum.

Also consider that the Earth's atmosphere is exposed to a vacuum already all around us but it hasn't just flown off into space. Even if the other side of the portal is a vacuum as long as the Earth's gravity still had an effect up to and through the portal at some point things will equalize to where the differences in atmospheric pressure will equalize with the force of Earth's gravitational attraction.

One thing though with creating something like the portal is that while it might not suck out so much air it is suffocating Manhattan for awhile it is still sucking air through so it is pretty much a very concentrated low pressure system. The air moving towards the opening is likely to be swirling so it could end up creating a powerful tornado around it.

Anyway though whose to say the event horizon of the portal isn't selective so it allows aliens and ships to pass through but not atmosphere.

20. Asian Sensation

Saw it last night. Didn't get it. Thought it was stupid. Did not understand why surrounding dorks we're clapping.