1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Avengers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Remix

Remix Member

2. VanityHalfBlack

Never read the comic book but this movie right here looks like it's going to be amazing... So what is the difference between The Avengers and The X-Men???

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Ed Norton?

4. VanityHalfBlack

The Avengers vs Justice League in and all out brawl, we all know who would win that fight!!!

5. AGBee

AGBee Member

Marvel booted him off. Sounded like bad blood from the Hulk movie. Norton's agent:

"This offensive statement from Kevin Feige at Marvel is a purposefully misleading, inappropriate attempt to paint our client in a negative light. Here are the facts: two months ago, Kevin called me and said he wanted Edward to reprise the role of Bruce Banner in The Avengers. He told me it would be his fantasy to bring Edward on stage with the rest of the cast at ComiCon and make it the event of the convention. When I said that Edward was definitely open to this idea, Kevin was very excited and we agreed that Edward should meet with Joss Whedon to discuss the project. Edward and Joss had a very good meeting (confirmed by Feige to me) at which Edward said he was enthusiastic at the prospect of being a part of the ensemble cast. Marvel subsequently made him a financial offer to be in the film and both sides started negotiating in good faith. This past Wednesday, after several weeks of civil, uncontentious discussions, but before we had come to terms on a deal, a representative from Marvel called to say they had decided to go in another direction with the part. This seemed to us to be a financial decision but, whatever the case, it is completely their prerogative, and we accepted their decision with no hard feelings."

6. New Jack

New Jack Member

Hope i'm wrong, but just seeing this huge cast together for the first time has me thinking this will probably end up being one giant clusterf***.

The actors will be spending more time fighting each other for screen time then they will fighting the villains in the movie.

7. goophers

goophers Member

Agreed. But if anyone can do it, Whedon can.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The X-Men are mutants with superpowers (controlling weather, healing factors, optic blasts, iceman, etc.) while the Avengers are humans who are augmented by some something. (Advanced training, super serums, radioactivity, etc.)

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The Avengers Assemble at Comic-Con! First look at the full line-up!

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Right after the Thor panel (coverage coming very soon) Kevin Feige, Marvel movies head honcho, asked us if we wouldn’t mind staying a bit later, that he had something he wanted to run by us.

Lights go down and another video plays… it’s Sam Jackson’s voice narrating over a slowly illuminating symbol. Essentially he’s saying there will come a day when Earth’s mightiest heroes will be needed. On that day, we will meet… The Avengers.

Samuel L. Jackson is introduced and takes the stage!

[​IMG]

Introduces right hand man, Agent Coulson (aka Clark Gregg). “My right hand woman…You know her as Black Widow… Scarlet Johansson! The God of Thunder Chris Hemsworth! The first Avenger, Captain America… Chris Evans!”

Tons of cheers. Then “You know him as Tony Stark… Robert Downey Jr.!” and the roof was blown off the place.

[​IMG]

Downey takes the mic. “Don’t anybody stab anybody anywhere until I’m done talkin’!” referring to a stabbing incident in the hall earlier in the day. Vintage Downey. No ****. Someone got stabbed.

[​IMG]

“I come before you a very humble man, strangely, this evening, to be in this most excellent company. I don’t mean to mention other movies, but did anybody see Inception? I think that was probably just about the most ambitious movie I’ve ever seen. Then I thought, ‘Wait a ******* second! Marvel Studios is going to take all of their top superheroes and they’re going to put them all together in The Avengers? That’s the most ambitious movie I’ve ever seen!'"

Then Downey announced the official casting of both Clint Barton/Hawkeye and Bruce Banner/Hulk.

Jeremy Renner, playing Hawkeye, and Mark Ruffalo, playing Bruce Banner, took the stage… along with Joss Whedon.

And then the Avengers were assembled

[​IMG]

The place went ballistic. Highlight of the Con, without a doubt.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45904

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Mark Ruffalo is really gonna be the Hulk? This movie looks like it is going to suck in major ways imo.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Are you complaining that he is gonna be Bruce Banner or that when he transformed into the Hulk it will all be CGI effects?? Mark Ruffalo is a very underrated actor, and he has done a tone of Drama type movies all serious too!!

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I am complaining that Mark Ruffalo is among the absolute worst actors around. I also hate Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and thought he was the only negative part about the Iron Man series so far.

13. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

agree, i enjoy most of marks roles, he is very underrated. i thought captain america was a super hero in the 1940s during the World War and that the captain america movie was to take place during this time. how are they bringing him into 2010+?

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

No matter how many ******* times I click this thread I keep expecting to see a new trailer for the movie with Stalone, Jason Statham and Stone Cold.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Probably the way they did it in the comics by finding him in a block of ice and unfreezing him.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'd pay 10 bucks alone just to see Scarlett in tight clothing kicking ass.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wait... is that the cast? That's it? The full cast? The villain is Hulk then? Or has the villain simply not been cast yet? So much for my dreams of Thanos.

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The Hulk was a founding member of The Avengers.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think they're still using the Ultimate universe a setting for their movies.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Chris Helmsworth (Thor) Talks about the Avengers script:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48209

"Reading the script - it was massive. Everything about it was like, 'Oh my God'. And I said to Joss, I said 'I don't know how you're going to shoot thing thing, but I'm excited to be on-board and let's give it a go."

When asked about whether there would be friction amongst The Avengers, and who his Thor characters rubs up against the most, Hemsworth hinted that there's a "heluva lot of friction" between characters in the film,noting that "in the comic books, him and Hulk have their fair share of tangles."

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:615845" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=id%3D1656410%26vid%3D615845%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A615845" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0px;padding:4px;width:500px;text-align:center;font-family:Verdana,sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a> - <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></div>